bfaridnia

AVTECH DVR - Hard Drive Overwrite Mode

Hi

I have a Avtech AVC760/792 (not exactly sure), with 250GB hard drive inside. It has reached its low capacity and now has just .029GB left. The DVR keeps beeping for the low HDD space and keeps doing this Hard Disk Scan. Once the scan completes the DVR reboots. This is cycling over and over now ever since the HDD became full. If i turn off recording, everything works fine.

How do i turn HDD function over to Overwrite mode where it will just keep erasing the older files and replacing them with the newer?

I am using H.264 compression and the new Video Viewer API.

Thanks!

I have attached a pic of the screen right showing the red low space notification.

Edited by Guest

Advanced Config - Record - Overwrite: ON

You will also want to goto advanced config - Alerts - HDD Buzzer: Off

Regards

Robin Fleming

Service Manager Net Security Wholesalers

I wonder if you may be having power supply problems?

Do you have a laptop power supply that will fit your DVR? Does this solve the hard drive problems?

Well, i set the remote config - recording, overwrite on in the API, however i feel that this is for the computerAPI recording, and not the onboard HDD in the DVR. I found all DVD only settings in Misc Controls, Remote Config. The HDD buzzer is off but i still dont know whats going on with the low space errors.

Powersupply is what came with the DVR.

And the issue only came about once the HDD ran low on storage space. (after 14 days of use) Leading me to believe it is not a power supply issue.

My Recording Menu looks exactly like this but without the Overwrite option.

tinyurl(dotcom)/yftj4ox

Hello

Can you still search the video

depending on the firmware you have I think your fine as it automatically writes over the oldest image with the newest.

So once its archived enough video it show it as low disk space because it does not format the HDD each time it simply overwrites the old images with the new.

Or it could be a bad HHD but more then likely its working fine.

Best Regards

the issue is where the DVR does a Hard Disk Scan, completes then some time later (1-2min) restarts. It then boots up, does a HDD scan (for the restart) and then continues to record and then restarts.

From my experience the DVR will stop showing space increasing at 4GB. It then leaves the remaining space for running the OS.

But the restarting issue is the main problem here. It goes away when i turn off recording to the drive.

Replace the HDD

And you will be fine

if you had a power outage recently format the drive as it may have corrupted video.

But otherwise your HDD is bad.

so an update, I am replacing the unit with another to test the issue. It seems that the unit is supposed to overwrite on its own. The HDD shouldnt be defective however i am not ruling that out. I will put the HDD in the new unit and test. I will update with what happens. As for this specific build, the client feels that the unit is the problem and has offered to purchase a seperate retail unit on his own and have me install it. he wil pay for the labor of the new install. He feels brand names such as QSEE and Clover should work better than AVTECH. rather than argue i accepted his propsal and will see if that satisfies this build. I will update if the HDD is found to be defective or if it turned out to be the DVR. Thanks again for the input, i really appreciated it.