ghostrider2142

Avermedia or Everfocus? Which is one of these is better?

Everfocus EDVR16D1 or Avermedia EH5216 PRO?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Specs look pretty similar but I might be missing a big difference.

Thank you.

i have used 5 of the eh systems in the past weeks. it is a good system but i would spend just that little bit more and go for the sa or nv avermedia range. they both do a lot more and outshine the everfocus dvrs.

the problem i get with the eh is you can not get a crisp clear picture on the monitor. viewing backup and over the internet is very clear. the sa or nv have a much better o/s.

I used it years ago and it looks the same but it might have changed since then, It was pretty bad back then, alot like the AvTech type of quality.

The demo for the EPARA16D3 on the everfocus site seems to have better quality images then the system I have now. What I really need to know is if anyone who has the Avermedia EH5216 can tell me if the quality on the remote viewing is as good or better using analog cameras.

Thanks

Just installed two of the EH5216+ units this past week. Nice economically priced hybrid system. I have many complaints but hey a hybrid embedded system economically priced makes the complaints a little easier to overlook

Don't expect lot's of bells and whistles if you decide to use IP cams.

Can you provide us with a brief description of how you plan to use these units. It may be easier if we knew how many cams, what type of cams (IP, Megapixel or analog). Tough to pinpoint pro's or con's when we are not sure of the actual application.

Sorry as I know you asked for experience with the Everfocus and I don't have the experience. Remote access with Aver is average. I've seen better and I've seen worse. It's not an H.264 stream and the quality is definitely deminished over the network I find. I do not find the clarity issue with it TOMCCT mentioned but maybe I didn't look at it good enough. I thought the quality was good but then again I have only used it it with 1.3MP cams and not analog.