tmescan

Networking a DVR in an industrial setting...

I have a project coming up this week which involves a company who would like surveillance cameras on a fenced in yard approx 300 yards away from their main facility. They dont have the network/funds to support any kind of IP camera system and currently have a wired network. My thoughts at the moment are to maybe add some kind of wireless AP or router to their network with a directional outdoor antenna to shoot wifi out to the yard and then use a network bridge to connect the DVR out there....anyone have other suggestions to this sort of setup? Thank you very much any kind of product suggestions would be great

sorry after doing some searching on here someone mentioned NanoStation NS2...with never using this product can anyone give me some better insight what the installation would entail? Do I need 2 of these one in repeater mode and one in bridge mode...can i attach the dvr straight to one of these? thank you

so.. what was the outcome of this endeavor? Were you able to implement the wireless connectivity? What did u end up doing.

Thx

Jeff