cglaeser

Panasonic 502 questions

When setting up protocols like ftp and mail, is it possible to send a test image to make sure the settings are correct? Axis has a "Test" button, but I don't see that in any of the Pano menus.

The course focus and ABF on my 502 are all set and look fine, but when setting the course focus and zoom, I noticed the lens could rotate in the mount. Is this common? Should it torque down when screwed in all the way, or can it continue to rotate to avoid damage when completely screwed in? When rotating slightly to loosen, I can feel in "break loose" and rotate more freely. When tightening, it torques down slightly, but can continue to rotate in the tighter direction.

Best,

Christopher

I did not see any test controls, either. You might contact Panasonic, and see if there is anything we are missing....

As far as the lens, that's slippage built into the lens to allow you to get the levers into a position to reach easily, it's normal.

As far as the lens, that's slippage built into the lens to allow you to get the levers into a position to reach easily, it's normal.

Thanks. Here is my current issues list.

- Severe vertical banding in low light. Could be just my unit since I did not notice the banding in the sample night images posted. I'll post a sample from my camera.

- All ftp images are put in one folder. Need a feature to create new folders based on date and/or time stamp. PC and NAS become non-responsive if too many images are put in one folder.

- Active ftp works fine but passive ftp fails.

- When passive ftp fails, images are not stored to the SD card.

- Need to add "Test" buttons to test ftp and mail configurations.

- Maximum rate for storing jpeg images via ftp or SD card is 1fps. This needs to be increased to a more reasonable rate on a VDM/wired alarms.

- Need a feature to monitor VDM hot spots to adjust VDM sensitivity.

- Need a feature to record pre-buffer VDM/wired alarms.

- Has an option for manual start/stop recording, but must select an option for either manual recording or alarm triggered recording. Camera can not be set up to record on alarms, and then have ability to manually start/stop recording as well. Manual recording feature should be separate from alarm recording to allow both.

Comments?

Best,

Christopher

One more:

- The images stored to the NAS via ftp are not in sequence. When scrolling through a sequence of images, objects move forward for several images, lurch back, and then forward again.

Best,

Christopher

Just installed the Panasonic WV-NW502S. Below is a sample night image. Most of the area in the image is underexposed, but notice the vertical banding in the properly expose region in the upper left. I don't recall seeing this in the other 502 night samples. Perhaps this is a bad copy? Some digital cameras have banding caused by AF motor noise. Perhaps the humidifier motor is causing this. Comments?

Best,

Christopher

115024_1.jpg

If you take a look at my night sample, it does have that vertical banding, but not quite as much as your sample.

There are some firmware updates, according to a Panasonic engineer I talked to recently, but I haven't followed up with him to get them (they aren't on the web), maybe I'll try to get them soon.

There are some firmware updates, according to a Panasonic engineer I talked to recently, but I haven't followed up with him to get them (they aren't on the web), maybe I'll try to get them soon.

My camera shows three firmware releases:

1 : 1.01B

2 : 1.05

3 : 1.04

Does this mean three releases are loaded? Which one is currently running? The last one, i.e. 1.04?

Best,

Christopher

Just installed the Panasonic WV-NW502S. Below is a sample night image. Most of the area in the image is underexposed, but notice the vertical banding in the properly expose region in the upper left. I don't recall seeing this in the other 502 night samples. Perhaps this is a bad copy? Some digital cameras have banding caused by AF motor noise. Perhaps the humidifier motor is causing this. Comments?

Best,

Christopher

115024_1.jpg

Not enough light.... add light and they will go away..... Look at any megapixel camera in low light and they will have a similar issue

Not enough light....

Yes, more light always helps, but based on my lux reading, I was expecting a better image. I turned off "Super Dynamic", and the night image is improved by a couple of stops.

Best,

Christopher

Not enough light....

Yes, more light always helps, but based on my lux reading, I was expecting a better image. I turned off "Super Dynamic", and the night image is improved by a couple of stops.

Best,

Christopher

What is you lux reading?