bantham1

RCA type premade siamese cable

What is the maximum run without distortion for rca type pre-made Siamese cable? I have 4 100 foot runs and am wondering if going to rg59 would make much of a difference. I have noticed most pre-made cables are of the RCA type and very thin, but quality wise is this an issue? I am assuming I have premade RCA cable as the cable seems very thin. Is there a way to verify?

I would stay away from any pre-made cables, they are very cheap and the connectors often fail (in my past experiences) Also, it is a PITA to fish wires with the damn connectors already on; I would run RG59 and 18-2 power wires. You can buy bnc to rca adapters if necessary. It will save you a lot of headaches in the end, trust me.

Installed for indoor use and even on the odd outdoor install (I have a couple of them run to cameras mounted on the outside of my home) they work just fine. As mentioned earlier, they are a PITA to fish through walls and such because they have the ends already attached but they will work on 100' runs. Siamesed RG-59 is also my preferred cable and has far better shielding but I have done many an install using the pre made cables and they still work perfectly. Just be careful with them because those ends can be delicate.

I am having a problem with my new Panasonic CW484 cameras. The cameras will not work with the premade siamese (100ft) but will work by plugging directly into the power adapter and monitor. Has anybody had this issue?