fantomaz

Looking for advice, system design...

Hi all!

I'm relatively new to the world of cctv, but brave enough to attempt to install a system myself, mainly because the quotes I have gotten from a couple of installers over here in Belgium seem a bit exaggerated when you know the price of the gear...

So, here it goes...

I am the owner of a small nightclub, (250 pers)

- I would like to check on the staff remotely, particularly what happens around the tiller.

- I would like to be able to see roughly how many people are in there at any given time.

- I would like to be able to monitor the deliveries when they are being made.

- I would like to have a recording if there is a fight or anything similar.

So here are the questions:

What cameras would work well enough , on top if the tiller to be able to identify the notes that come in and out, knowing that the place is very, very dark...

I would like to have a recording of what comes out of the printer of the tiller, i know some systems offer this...

What cameras would work best for the general surveillance of the place, I would like the widest possible view, but again the place is very dark and we have a light show going on.

What cameras would work best for the entrance, I would love to be able to see who's at the door on my iphone, but I'm not sure it's super realistic...

I need 2 tiller cameras, 6 general surveillance cameras, and two for the entrance...

I would need to be able to watch a live feed and do searches remotely, and I use a mac...

So here's the final question, should I go for a PC based system, or an all in one dvr...

Tahnks in advance for your replies....

F.

Hi all!

I'm relatively new to the world of cctv, but brave enough to attempt to install a system myself, mainly because the quotes I have gotten from a couple of installers over here in Belgium seem a bit exaggerated when you know the price of the gear...

So, here it goes...

I am the owner of a small nightclub, (250 pers)

- I would like to check on the staff remotely, particularly what happens around the tiller.

- I would like to be able to see roughly how many people are in there at any given time.

- I would like to be able to monitor the deliveries when they are being made.

- I would like to have a recording if there is a fight or anything similar.

So here are the questions:

What cameras would work well enough , on top if the tiller to be able to identify the notes that come in and out, knowing that the place is very, very dark...

I would like to have a recording of what comes out of the printer of the tiller, i know some systems offer this...

What cameras would work best for the general surveillance of the place, I would like the widest possible view, but again the place is very dark and we have a light show going on.

What cameras would work best for the entrance, I would love to be able to see who's at the door on my iphone, but I'm not sure it's super realistic...

I need 2 tiller cameras, 6 general surveillance cameras, and two for the entrance...

I would need to be able to watch a live feed and do searches remotely, and I use a mac...

So here's the final question, should I go for a PC based system, or an all in one dvr...

Tahnks in advance for your replies....

F.

in the dark areas you are best off using b/w cameras. you will get a clear picture. and use good colour cameras at your door entry. i would use a dvr with pos built in for the info from your tills. getting cameras right in a night club is hard to do but i have done many night clubs. take a look at this system. full internet/mobile/pda/iphone viewer.2009042820164766.jpg

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=86

What he said. B/W in the dark areas (Exview BW even better), if it is pitch dark though you will need IR but you can always add that after the fact if needed. As mentioned color at the doors if there is enough light, and the car park also.

Looks interesting, doesn't say on which browsers it works thought... And I read somewhere that Safari/Firefox on mac can be problematic... And it does mention Symbian/Windows phones... but I'll send them an email to ask...

Thanks for your help!

I was thinking of going with simple BW ewview bullets for most of the inside of the club, but I'm worried it won't be good enough for above the tills, i really need to see what notes are being touched....

above the tills maybe get domes then with varifocal lenses ... if you have a viewfinder you could measure the exact lens and use a fixed but varifocal is cheap these days anyway .. hard to find BW in domes though .. everfocus has one dont know how good it is .. you can though try a true day night (inexpensive and still good would be something like CNB), or if you are adventurous you can buy something like a KT&C cube board camera and buy the microvarifocal lens separately .. you can put the cube camera up as is with its small mount or buy a dummy dome and place it inside that ... just ideas.

excellent ideas, thanks...!

btw, would'nt it be a lot cheaper to just get the AVerDiGi NV6000E card, and build a pc for it instead of getting the stand alone...?

excellent ideas, thanks...!

btw, would'nt it be a lot cheaper to just get the AVerDiGi NV6000E card, and build a pc for it instead of getting the stand alone...?

if you can build one yes. but its not that easy and you will have storage problems plus your staff will start to play with the pc. the sa dvr 1t h/d will give you 21-30 days and you can look it down. plus you say you want pos for tills. much better to set up on the sa dvr if you are doing it yourself.

Did I mention that I would like to use a mac for the remote monitoring?

I can't seem to find much info on the avermedia site...

Is the remote access web based, or is it a stand alone app...

I imagine I could run paralels but that would be a serious pita...

Did I mention that I would like to use a mac for the remote monitoring?

I can't seem to find much info on the avermedia site...

Is the remote access web based, or is it a stand alone app...

I imagine I could run paralels but that would be a serious pita...

it will run on everything except MAC. smartphone/pda/mobile windows/iphone. but not mac. you could always run both o/s on your mac.

Does anyone have an experience on the avermedia remote app/POS working properly on a mac using parallel?

Thanks in advance...

maybe try VMware instead?

I know someone with vmware and XP on a mac viewing the EB1304NET without a problem.