jmck

Cant connect using DmMultiview remotley

Hello folks, I have joined up to this forum as I am banging my head of a wall here trying to solve a problem that I have no clue about

We are using DMMulitview, its version 8.1 from what I can fathom.

We have two sites with camera's on them, we can connect to them when logged into our network without any problems.

Our problem is that we have a user who logs into our network using remote desktop/terminal server, and this person needs access to the camera's. I have installed DMMultiview on the terminal server for him to use. When he tried to log in, everything is fine - he can get logged in and see the main screen etc, except the camera's just wont 'play'. He has the list of camera's on the right hand side of the screen, but when he double clicks on one to view it nothing happens.

If he clicks on the 'play' button, its like they start to work for maybe half a second and then stop.

I have no previous experience with CCTV, and I've been landed the job of getting this sorted, can anybody give me a few pointers here?

Thanks

if the only reason for remote desktop is to run DMMultiView just open ports and let him use from outside it would be much easier and safe