IP-Alarms

Hello from IP Alarms

My company is focused on the integration of CCTV and IP Cameras with alarm systems. Look forward to picking up some valuable tips

welcome..... do you have a web site?

We do, but I'm new here and unable to post links at the moment. Will update you after I've reached 5 posts

do you intergrate IP access control systems also?
We have an IP device called the Diginet which has 16 digital inputs and outputs plus a serial port which can be used for access control systems. We have a new version coming out in the new year which has a plug on cellular module.

Welcome to the forum. Impressive website, btw. I am getting more and more into remote (and I mean REMOTE) security management and will keep your site on my list just in case I need something.

Our main web site is http://www.ipalarms.net and pretty much explains what we do.

How does that work out for you guys?

I mean all businesses have phones, or they wont be in business for long, but in many cases Internet for a business can cost much more then a home account, eg. down here a home is $30 per month while a business is $100 per month, for basic internet connection. I can however see where it can be useful for getting long distance clients. They do alot of radio monitoring here, no worry when the ISP or their node have issues .. but then again that is expensive for the initial cost of the radio.

How does that work out for you guys?

Well, both homeowners and businesses are keener than ever to make savings. One of the first things that customers ask themselves is - do I really need my landline any more ?

They look into what they can save by migrating to VoIP and it is an attractive option. Then they discover that their alarm will not work reliably over VoIP and start researching their options.

Unfortunately, most Alarm Dealers are not IP savvy, so they tend to tell their customers they must keep their landline. That's when the customers start Googling Internet technology and alternative monitoring services and come across one of our sites.

So, in answer to your question, it's working out really well for us

They look into what they can save by migrating to VoIP and it is an attractive option.

How do they save? Dont they need an internet connection, VOIP account, and an ISP that is up with broadband bandwidth 100% of the time?

When people call me from the US using VOIP i just hang up on them now, I tell them call me back from land line, or just email me, still too many issues.

Most consumers have a good Internet connection already so they want to make the most of it. VoIP is usually very high quality in the US, so I'm surprised you have experienced difficulties.

We have an IP device called the Diginet which has 16 digital inputs and outputs plus a serial port which can be used for access control systems.

Are these available in single quantity?

Best,

Christopher

Are these available in single quantity?

Yes they are. Bear in mind that they are manufactured in the UK, so there will be shipping charges to your country and maybe import duty too.

Let me know how you intend to use it and I'll email you the appropriate manual.

Let me know how you intend to use it and I'll email you the appropriate manual.

Here is a sample application:

I need to measure the time required to trigger two curtain PIRs placed 20 feet apart. If the time is less than several seconds, it's likely a car. If the time is more than several seconds, it's likely a person walking. There are two digital inputs, one for each PIR, and two digital outputs, one for person and one for car.

Best,

Christopher

You would need some logic on the server to handle this, but I see no reason why it would not be possible. You would transmit both triggers to the server, check the time between them and send a command back to the device to trigger the outputs accordingly.

Contact me via email (address on my web site) if you have any further questions as I might not get chance to visit the forum regularly.