aliensquale

Should I go PC-based or get a standalone DVR or the BlueNet?

I was looking into setting up a DVR system. I have a very high end PC right now that I was thinking about putting a 4-port BNC capture card in, but I don't know if that is a good idea or not.

I was looking at some stand-alone DVR systems and also looking at this new product called the BlueNet remote DVR.

Check out what I was considering here: http://www.intellicamspy.com/remote_video.htm

Anybody use these BlueNet devices yet? you know how good they are compared to a standalone DVR system? Does a DVR system offer the same video quality and speed streamed across the internet?

Does anybody know much about this Intellicam company? are their producst very high quality? on their website they claim to be the best cameras and DVR's available..

BlueNote looks very slick, but for a small 4 camera system in a local system I doubt if it would be cost effective. First you would have to have a network setup for them to run into since they are IP based. You'd also need two of them from the looks of it and that would cost more than a decent 4 camera card. For what you want I'd look into a decent card system like GeoVision or one of the other ones listed on the forum.

Not familiar with BlueNote, but they are promising video quality as hogh as you could expect from a high-end DVR.

Given that you already have a powerful PC, I'd recommend going with a card-based system, or try the BlueNote system.

A DVR is just s special-purpose PC. If you have a good PC, why pay for the hardware in a DVR?

If Intellinet has a decent return policy, you might try the BlueNote system. Then tell us what you find!