enlight22

Keypro recurring problem

So about every 6 months to a year or so i get the keypro not found message... gv-800s it works flawlessly durring that time and the drivers are not lost. I have tried every tip on this forum and other places, reinstalling drivers, dos2kreg, removal script, cccleaner... the only thing that will get it working again is format, reinstall windows, install geovision... I dont have to remove and reinsert the cardto get this method to work. This time however, i am away from the box and must fix it over vnc. I wont be able to get to it physically for months. Whats wrong and how can i fix it.. Is there another software that can work with the card that doesnt require keypro... but still records and allows web monitoring? IDK what to do.. help plz.

What version is the Card and also what is the version of the GV Software?

Also make sure you have an original geovision card if it's not then there is no help possible

the card is a gv800s and the software is 7.0.5.0 i think. The gv authenticator tool thing confirms i can upgrade to version 8... When i bought the card i bought it from some cctv retailer in florida and it came in a box with a nice printed cd, and manuals, and all sorts of stuff. As i said it works good for 6months or more, then keypro... and only way i have been able to make it work again is to reinstall windows. Unfortunatly this time the only access ill have to the box for the next several months is vnc.

Most of the time the Keypro error only show up if the GV card is not genuine, or the drivers are not installed correctly or the computer is shut down or restart improperly leading to the cause of driver or other files corruption (Investigate more on computers day to day health)

It’s hard to predict what’s worng in your case and since you cannot even go on site that makes it harder to resolve.

I would suggest calling GV Tech Support and take some tips from there

well, i tried to ask geo support but they want some number from the card that i obviously have no way of getting atm. If the card is not genuine, why would their card checker program say that i can upgrade to version 8...

also, if it isnt genuine why does it work fine for 6 mos to a year and then have a program that a format can fix.. A lot of mystery surrounding this keypro... there must be some real info on it somewhere. I am certain the drivers are installed. I have even cleaned and reinstalled them, and the card checker wouldnt work if they werent installed. i tried it without them and get some error.

well, i tried to ask geo support but they want some number from the card that i obviously have no way of getting atm. If the card is not genuine, why would their card checker program say that i can upgrade to version 8...

also, if it isnt genuine why does it work fine for 6 mos to a year and then have a program that a format can fix.. A lot of mystery surrounding this keypro... there must be some real info on it somewhere. I am certain the drivers are installed. I have even cleaned and reinstalled them, and the card checker wouldnt work if they werent installed. i tried it without them and get some error.

Hi!

Try to clear BIOS!

JD

Also, be sure to check that your GeoVision card is securely attached to the card slot. I had this same problem, which I seem to have fixed by just making sure the card was securely fastened to the slot.

Ok, Ill have to have someone go and clear the bios and reseat the card... although i know the card is secured tightly with a screw as i did it myself, and the machine hasnt been moved.

If i cant get this figured out, i guess ill have to find a 16 channel linux solution, I am getting tired of GEO and the fact that their attempts to get a grip on their pirate cards are causeing hassle for me. Having to pull a card out and get anumber off the board... really. cant they make a tool to read the serial off the card from windows or something?

Any suggestions for a linux solution so i can look into that while i try and get this fixed?

Would updating to version 8 sofware fix the keypro? I havent tried because GEO wants the serial off the card to let me download it... and the card is inside a computer, and the computer is far away from me... they are so aggrivating.

Another player in the industry and also a member on this forum is Nuuo. I cant say how they are as I havent used them yet, but the software looks very detailed, like Geo, and their hardware compression cards are much cheaper.

ok, So i managed to use the winphlash tool to force clear the bios and force update ESCD... cleaned geo and reg, reinstall everything. still got keypro error. I dont know how ill be able to get someone to pull and reseat the card. It will be dificult to find someone i trust to do that.

Hey rory. Ill look into nuuo, Thanks. I have read alot of your posts and see u are an advocate of stand alone dvrs. Can u suggest a good 16 channel one? Pref one that doesnt stream with motion jpeg.. Mpeg is nice. Or some linux with integrated disk on chip so its plug and go? I need a bullet proof solution. Im tired of this software nightmare im in.