beginner0

connect two dvr

my goal is try to use wifi video cameras (there will be more than 30 cams)

here is two floors, each floor has from 100 to 200 meters long and very much walls.

i already tried one wifi camera with receiver and sender 2wat. When there is receiver and transmitter on same floor and and distance is (including walls) 30 meters = there is good signal , but when receiver is on 2.floor and transmitter is on 1.floor - then there is a problem (very bad video signal), one word said no signal.

so my question is, what you can suggest ?

maybe on each floor i can setup some wifi cameras and wifi amplifiers ? (i mean device which can work like wifi repeater) AND

on each floor i can setup 16 channel dvr, so next i can connect 1.floor dvr with 2.floor dvr ?

thanks

Everyone here will give you the same suggestion: don't do it.

You'll drop all kinds of money into boosters and repeaters, and in the end, it just won't work, because WiFi provides very limited *real, usable* bandwidth.

Two most likely suggestions will be a high-end RF wireless solution that will cost a fortune for that number of cameras, or just go with a wired system... with the all-wired system being by far the preferred option.

yea, i thought about that kind of answer, but at this point i just want to try on myself what is it wifi video in work and all problems which are connected with that video. So can you advice which manufacturer i can try for transmitter and receiver and can i try >=3wat tx and rx modules ?

Transmit power isn't the problem... what you'll run into is the fact that no currently available WiFi spec has the bandwidth needed to support more than three or four cameras. Any more than that, and you'll see them all start to crawl, drop out, jitter, or have other display issues. Simply cranking out more power won't fix that.

See this thread for a recent example of the problem and the fix: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=19442 - that was with just four cameras. You're talking over seven times that.

With the amount of space you are running in, your wattage is already too high (and beyond legal limits in most countries), you would do better reducing your power, most likely, and most repeaters cut available bandwidth in half... But Soundy's answer above still stands, you will not be able to run that many cameras effectively without wireless gear that would cost many times more than your entire system... and then, it still would not work as well as hard wiring it.

In a hotel, you likely have many phone lines running throughout your facility, why not look into something like this http://netsys-direct.com/proddetail.php?prod=NVF-2400S at the headend, with http://netsys-direct.com/proddetail.php?prod=NVF-200R at each camera location, or comparable products for Ethernet over coax. You could also use these products to provide internet service for guests to their rooms.