MCressy

GV-800 Webcam issue

I am at an impasse. I am having difficulty getting my GV800 and v8.3 webcam to be visible outside my LAN via the internet. I get a connection to the login screen, and I am able to login, but I get a "connect to server" message, and the whole thing hangs.

I can access the WebCam inside the LAN using the local IP address. The video connects and shows perfectly.

It's when I try to access the WebCam via the internet that I have a problem.

The port mapping appears to be OK?.....or is there something I've overlooked? If I can get to the login screen, the router must be passing through correctly...yes?

Why can I get to the login screen, but still not be able to have the video connect to the server?

Mark

make sure your router has the following ports forwarded to your cam server.

80, 4550, 5550. That is just the basic ports for viewing and remote playback. Does not include audio or mobile etc. If you can see it from inside your network but not outside, it is most likely a port forwarding issue. Hope that helps.

Also make sure there is no internal or external firewall blocking ports on your DVR system

Problem solved. It turns out that during troubleshooting, when I'd turn off my 3rd party FireWall (McAfee), the XP firewall would turn itself on. Since I've never used the XP firewall.....it wasn't even on my radar screen. I knew it'd be something stupid. Thanks.