snyder

smart phone expert?

I am pulling my hair out trying to see my cameras on my cell phone Here is what I have. GV800 running v8.3 on XP pro SP3. Camera server runs great. The phone is a Samsung Code on metro PCS running windows mobile 6.1. I copied the folder MSViewV3 from the geo DVD onto the phone and attempted to install it by clicking setup.exe. I got an Access denied because it was not digitally signed with a trusted certificate. SO, I ran setup.exe from my PC and chose my phone's sync folder as the destination. I then sync'd my phone and there was MsviewV3.exe to start the program on my phone. So from my phone I clicked the MsviewV3.exe and got the welcome screen and selected "Live" from the "Type" option. I was then prompted for the IP, port, username, password and snapshot path. I put in all the info (port 8866) and selected "connect" from the "control" option. The color wheel started spinning (let you know windows mobile is busy) and after 30 seconds got "connection failed". I then tried it again with the RPB option from the "type" menu using port 5511 and got the same results. My router has all ports forwarded to my cam server. I can see my cams from any computer in the world just not my new smart phone. Can anyone shed some light on my situation please?

Hi,

I am pretty sure that MS view is for MS Smart phones. I am using / used the Gview_v2. In your program directory, you should have a Gview2 folder. If your running activesync, you should install it in windows, when you sync your phone to your PC, the PC uploads the cab file & installs it for you.

The actual file you need to be running is GviewV2.exe. It is an executable that will only run on the windows mobile phone, not in windows.

If you need me to email it to you, let me know. I personally hate activesync & prefer using a OTA method of installation.

EDIT, maybe the smartphone version is for your phone. Anyway, feel free to post your progress.

Thanks,

Rich

I guess for starters, is your phone running WM6.1 standard or professional. I think the main difference is the touch screen.

On the Gview2 app it has:

IP

Port

Username

password

The other thing I would suggest trying is to port forward all the suggested ports, 4550, 5550, 8866, 5511 to your GV server.

I dont think your phone has wifi, but if it does, I would try it internally.

If you want me to try to log into a camera, I think you can setup a limited access user, then I can see if its a problem with your phone. I have a WM6.1 Sprint Treo Pro. I also have the Gviewv2 software loaded on it, so just let me know.

I just thought of one other thing. While you have the GV server up & running, turn off the webcam, then turn it on, it should prompt you with some settings. In those settings you need to make sure that the webcam & mobile options are setup.

I would make sure the Jpg creation is turned on, the 3g items are turned on. I would look at those settings in that section.

Thanks Rich. I do have all the ports forwarded (80, 4550 and 5550). As I said before I can see my cams from any remote PC. As for the version I have 6.1 standard (non touch screen). I did re-start the cam server and toggle on all the services (mobile and 3GPP). I just keep getting "connection failed". Is there a log on the server where I can at least see if I am hitting the webcam and what the error is?

Well I got it working. I re-started the geo server with start-up settings and re-started my cell. I ran the Msview3.exe from my phone and entered all the data from scratch and it connected. I want to thank you for your attention. Your posts touched on some configurations that I had to poke around to find when setting this thing up. Hopefully between our posts others trying to get the mobile app working will find some guidance here. Have a good one.