ultimatesecurity

Sentrynet Trainable Video Surveillance System Vintage 1990

Yes, enjoy it while you can, youngster.. Dancing won't be quite the same after 20 years of crawling in attics.

Never got a chance to play with gear like you are showing, it was all Muxes and tape for me... Bet you don't know how to change the head on a Panasonic AG-RT600, or program an original American Dynamics Mux, though. (like those are a skill I'll ever need again!)

Yes, enjoy it while you can, youngster.. Dancing won't be quite the same after 20 years of crawling in attics.

Never got a chance to play with gear like you are showing, it was all Muxes and tape for me... Bet you don't know how to change the head on a Panasonic AG-RT600, or program an original American Dynamics Mux, though. (like those are a skill I'll ever need again!)

Ha, well after a week of work I need to let myself go and have fun on the weekend, but not every weekend. My schedule is crazy with work during the day and going to the gym 2/hour day 5-6 days a week. Especially now that its winter here in Chicago working outside is no fun.

I never used that VCR before and your right I have never changed a VCR head before. However I worked on Betamax recorders before. As for old equipment, I've used sensormatic/Robot/American Dynamics products. Such as the RV2216, MV16p, Ultra 4-5-6 ptz and 2000domes VM96 Matrix Switchers.

Here's a question, how did anyone ever catch anything with this kind of systems with time lapse VCR's with multiple cameras recording at a frame a second or less? I am now used to installing stand alone DVR's and GeoVision with IP cameras and there is no comparison.

i came into the industry when VCRs were still being used .. SVHS .. it took longer but we were still able to catch the crooks. The funny thing is the clarity was typically very good back then with CCTV cameras .. even the VCR recordings were not as bad as some current exported DVR recorded quality .. it took longer ... but its like it got worse, or really people just buy cheaper cameras and run everything at low quality now .. and so many crappy quality DVRs (worst then VCR) on the market these days . probably alot due to more DIY and all the online stores just selling anything they can get their hands on and to anyone that has the money

Wasnt that long ago we were using Muxes with 1 channel DVRs ... some people are still using them .. they just work.

looking back at some old time lapse tape, you're right Rory the clarity is much better than some of the cheap DVR's I've seen in the past. It's amazing what is out there in the security industry.

ofcourse i dont want to get ahead of myself .. there were still alot of awful vcr recordings .. but playback SVHS to a CCTV monitor with SVHS input and you could see alot clear on say a 20" CRT monitor .. its the evidence sharing that really sucked .. well we just gave VCR tapes to the courts but to digitize was a pain. Luckily I was in it at the end of that era though

Then again look at some cheap 4 channel DVRs on the market today .. awful evidence sharing