yair4

Is there an Optical Zoom Megapixel dome Day/Night camera ?

As the topic says.

i only found arcont once but it says "foresnics zoom" which i have no clue if itsdigital or optical.

You don't specify whether you want remote-controllable zoom or not. Many dome/IP/D-N cameras come with varifocal lenses, which provide optical zoom, but require direct access to the camera.

What they mean by forensic zooming is that after you take a megapixel image, you can look at it from a small window on your PC and then virtaully zoom in on what you want after the video was taken. So for example, I have Mobotix 3PM camera, on the monitor I show a small 640x480 picture which is 0.3MP, but it's really recording 3MP, so I can zoom in 10x digitally in a sense, not in real time, but when I'm examining an event that happened days ago or 2 minutes ago.

If your needs are real time, for example, this is for a live guard in a guard station, you should look for a camera that has the ability to optically and mechanically pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ). In my situation, there is no guard, surveillence is purely for after the fact forensic analysis of a crime that took place and that's where PTZ camera is not needed. So cameras like the Arecont or Mobotix that are megapixel fill that need of forensic zooming.