sf1964

room surrounded by large tvs_what camera?

l have a large rectangular bar room(20 x55ft) surrounded by 10 plasmas and slow light changing lights,so the room is fairly well lit,my dillemna is choosing a camera for nightime when we are open and when we are closed(where it is very very dark(hardly any light at all).The tvs all face into the room.

What camera would be suitable for this type of environment especially with the flicker of tvs!!!

You have 2 different lighting situations one with variable lights and other with no light at all IR Camera has always been a choices in such condition but only if you can sacrifice on image quality and color

BUT if you can have low light even when it's closed you can get better picture quality at both the times

I would suggest CNB technology G1315NF Professional Camera for very low light condition and it's ICR II a true and enhanced day and night camera with 550 TV Lines

You're going to want an 8+ camera system.

The main things to look for are Hi-Res/Low lux cameras for when you have the lights on, and some good hi-res/low lux/IR cams for when it goes dark. Depending on what you having obstructing views you'd mix and match the cameras to ensure complete coverage.

I also always recomend a box cam with zoom to focus on your entrance so you can get a clean shot of anyone that enters your bar. That would most likely be your highest quality camera since you'd want it to have night time capabilities as well. As long as that camera can be used to focus on any potential entry spots in addition to the front door you should be able to capture a nice enough image of anyone coming in your bar.

The other cameras that cover the rest of the bar, unless needed for a specific use you didn't mention, wouldn't have to as high quality if they're FOV is unobstructed and you compensate for the dynamic lighting with plenty of LED/low lux cameras.