pikach

PTZ Camera not comunicating with GV1480

Hi, I have been sitting around here in the last few weeks and reading thru this forum with all its topics, it seems to me that this forum is blessed with lots of good people who are willing to give away their spare time to give advice and help out other people with all their issues. Its really very impressive.!!!!

Saying that I figured why not shoot out my own problem and get an answer and live through the miracle myself, so here I come.

I have a GV1480 pc card with a usb gv com box.

I recently bought a Nuvico Z10 Ptz cam and for some reason nothing happens when i try to control it from the software.

its set up to id address 1 Baud 9600, box is on com 2.

I mapped the cam to the address but nothing doing. can anyone shed some light?

FYI, I set up the protocol on the software to Pelco Dome. maybe its wrong I dont know what else to set it to.

Hi, I have been sitting around here in the last few weeks and reading thru this forum with all its topics, it seems to me that this forum is blessed with lots of good people who are willing to give away their spare time to give advice and help out other people with all their issues. Its really very impressive.!!!!

Saying that I figured why not shoot out my own problem and get an answer and live through the miracle myself, so here I come.

I recently bought a Nuvico Z10 Ptz cam and for some reason nothing happens when i try to control it from the software.

FYI, I set up the protocol on the software to Pelco Dome. maybe its wrong I dont know what else to set it to.

Hi try changing your baud to 2400.

Hi try changing your baud to 2400.

By pelco dome theres no option to 2400. I only have 9600 and 4800.

What version are you using? Based on my Geovision V8320 , I can open up Pelco D with 2400, 4800 and 9600 in the configuration setup.

I think that your problem is in the addresses:

The Pelco address in the system should be Pelco camera address minus one. For example- If your Pelco camera address is 1, in the system address you should choose address 0.

Good luck,

Dor.

I finally got it working when i tryd to set it to Pelco Spectra III, Only issue I have now is that when i control it over the internet it kind of moves to much like when i zoom in it zooms too much, when i move right it goes as far as 30-40 degree angle dunno why...

On the system itself it works great though... Dose it have anything to do with protocols?

Hi! Try to set the "Preset Buttons". Set it from the joystick controller and then you can control it from the computer locally and remotely. This way, you just click on Preset 1 and it will go to a certain place. Preset 2 can be set on another location. Preset 3 can be set on a zoom location and so on. I think you can have a total of 16 preset and it will be easier to control.

Hi! Try to set the "Preset Buttons". Set it from the joystick controller and then you can control it from the computer locally and remotely. This way, you just click on Preset 1 and it will go to a certain place. Preset 2 can be set on another location. Preset 3 can be set on a zoom location and so on. I think you can have a total of 16 preset and it will be easier to control.

Thank you for replying, that is exactly what i am doing now, but sometimes i wanna turn and zoom manually, and it just gets out of control,