mr ngoma

Re: Video files recovery

Can anyone assists me on this matter, I have LILIN standalone Dvr and over write was set on, is any way to get it back? its on same month event.

Can you help?

over write was set on, is any way to get it back?

Yes, there is technology to retrieve data that has been overwritten, but it is prohibitively expensive. If data has been deleted, it's easy to get back, but once overwritten, mere mortals should assume it's gone.

Best,

Christopher

over write was set on, is any way to get it back?

Yes, there is technology to retrieve data that has been overwritten, but it is prohibitively expensive. If data has been deleted, it's easy to get back, but once overwritten, mere mortals should assume it's gone.

Best,

Christopher

Hi christopher, thanks for reply

Where can I buy

please assists

its not something you can download and run.

last time i came across this tech (many years ago now) it worked on the fact that hardrives are fairly crude. they opened up the drive in the lab and read the drive directly using a very very fine head.

what they looked for was the imprint left over from previous data. bit like rings in a tree. whats collected is really raw data which has to then be put through the drives firmware and then try and arrange it back into a recognizable form.

your probably looking at months if not years to put all the data back together again.

CSI eat your heart out

my guess is you would sell your house to pay for it.

also drive tech has changed since then so i don't know if that technique is even possible anymore.