baghead

scsi storage array on dedicated micros ds2

Hi There

I have a Dedicated micros DS2 dvr, it has a scsi port on the rear of the unit.

I also have a SUN Netra ST D130 Storage disc array with two 18.2 scsi hard drives inside it.

Can I connect this up to my DS2 for event storage?

Has anyone tried anything similar

Regards

Ian

You sure that's a SCSI port? SCSI, for all its benefits, has been pretty much obsolete on consumer systems for the last decade or so. A number of these types of DVRs, however, use a DB-25 port for alarm inputs and output... sure that's not what you're looking at?

In any case, if this IS in fact, a SCSI port, then yes, it should work to simply plug in external SCSI storage.

Thanks for your reply but it's defo a scsi port on the dedicated micros digital sprite 2

it says in the manual that you can connect a zip drive or cd writer or raid

Just unsure about connecting a scsi hard drive array not sure if it will be recognised

Regards

Ian

Thanks for your reply but it's defo a scsi port on the dedicated micros digital sprite 2

it says in the manual that you can connect a zip drive or cd writer or raid

Just unsure about connecting a scsi hard drive array not sure if it will be recognised

Regards

Ian

A RAID *is* a hard drive array.

If I recall right, Dedicated Micros used to have their own ready to go SCSI raid array for their DVR's. They recommended only using their certified unit (of course), but I don't see why a normal SCSI raid wouldn't work. I believe it only recognizes the add-on at startup, so you'll have to shutdown before adding it in.