LP Guru

WTB Checkpoint Clarity PTZ controller

I am in desperate need of a controller for my PTZ cameras! It seems that maybe I have an older version than what checkpoint offers nowadays considering that I don't see this particular controller anywhere on their website?! Please shoot me a reply if you can help me out here! Thanks in advance!

If your cameras support Pelco D and/or P protocols, you should be able to use just about any generic controller.

Soundy...Apparently that is way above my head. The line that plugs into my controller resembles a CAT5 line. Does that help you in determining what I need? Thanks!

A number of controllers use that same type of connector. I don't know if the pinouts are identical, but on Capture-brand joystick controllers, the wire carries two RS-485 data pairs and power - the cameras and power all plug into an interface box, and two sets of four-pair flat ribbon with RJ45 plugs connect the joystick and the interface box.

If you have a model number for that controller, it may be possible to look up the exact pinouts.

Soundy...Thanks so much for your help and expertise! I decided to go with a new controller through Checkpoint. They are a little expensive, but I figured atleast this way I know it is the right controller and will work properly! Thanks again!