Sign in to follow this  
dagwod

Can I use a network IP cam on GV-1240 analog card?

I need to buy a single new high res camera for my geovision 1240, 8 channel analog capture card. Can I integrate a new network IP camera with high res into the existing geovision software.

If this is possible, what would I need to buy?

Thanks in advance.

I need to buy a single new high res camera for my geovision 1240, 8 channel analog capture card. Can I integrate a new network IP camera with high res into the existing geovision software.

Thanks in advance.

no this is not possable with that card. but you can run along side (on your windows o/s) most ip cameras will come with viewer software. take a look at axis.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can add IP/Megapixel camera with this (card) SOFTWARE, if you add on this will then be channel 9. You must check that Geovision software supports this camera and buy a license for that camera.

You then add the camera in the software and it will then almost work as a analog camera.

JD

How would I connect the network IP camera so that the geovision gv 1240 analog card recognizes the video output and displays the output with the other analog channels.

Thanks,

How would I connect the network IP camera so that the geovision gv 1240 analog card recognizes the video output and displays the output with the other analog channels.

Thanks,

IP cameras iare using the network to send and recive information thereby also the video signal. So you would not connect the IP camera directly to the geovision card but to the computers network port either directly or thru a switch.

When you have done this and have a valid license you can add this camera in the Geovision software under the camera/audio install menu.

JD

Thanks,

like i said in my post this will not work on that dvr. first off the ip camera has to be supported by geovision software. which will cost alot. and like joindvr says it will only display your expensive ip camera as an analog. so you will have no function over it. buy an ip i.e axis/sony/sonyo and run it on your pc. then you will have all the benifits of ip /zoom/res/ alarms/auto zoom. and the only cosy involved is the price of your ip camera