Hi I have bought 2 2ndhand cameras Panasonic CP 474 SDII. Has anyone information or advice on what gear I would need to set them up. I am starting to get paranoid about being burgled & have had these cameras some time & thought it was about time I put them to some use.

Tel

Hi I have bought 2 2ndhand cameras Panasonic CP 474 SDII. Has anyone information or advice on what gear I would need to set them up. I am starting to get paranoid about being burgled & have had these cameras some time & thought it was about time I put them to some use.

Tel

nice expencive cameras. you will get some good images from them. all you need now is a good little dvr.

avtech or avermedia 4 way dvr will do everything you need. dont buy a no name brand dvr.

have a look at the aver.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=252

Tel

nice expencive cameras. you will get some good images from them. all you need now is a good little dvr.

avtech or avermedia 4 way dvr will do everything you need. dont buy a no name brand dvr.

have a look at the aver.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=252

Thanks am looking!

Hi Tom How much are these dvr,s I couldn,t find aprice on that site. I do have a tape type 24hr dvr would I be able to use that? 1 of the cameras looks as though it has a motorised iris if thats the term, is there much involved in wiring that in if it was needed

Thanks

Tel

Hi Tom How much are these dvr,s I couldn,t find aprice on that site. I do have a tape type 24hr dvr would I be able to use that? 1 of the cameras looks as though it has a motorised iris if thats the term, is there much involved in wiring that in if it was needed

Thanks

Tel

yes you could use your timelaps video. no problem to wiring both cameras. all you need is some RG59 cable with power some bnc connectors and a power supply.

if you let the guys on here know were you are (area) you may get someone close to you who could supply the parts.

Thanks once again you,ve been very helpful. Just 1 more question (for now!) if I need to include wiring for the lense control could I use cat5

Tel

you just need to plug the lens into the side of the camera. and set it up from the onboard display.

Thanks Tom Now that I have some idea what needed I will get some gear together. I live in the Carlisle area, is there anyone in this neck of the woods u can recommend if I need to get anything?

Tel

Thanks

Tel

yes you could use your timelaps video. no problem to wiring both cameras. all you need is some RG59 cable with power some bnc connectors and a power supply.

Ummm, you will likely NOT be able to run both cameras into a VCR (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "tape type DVR"). Any time-lapse VCR will have only one set of inputs and outputs, and requires a multiplexor to generate the necessary signal for it to handle multiple cameras.

Hi Soundy Well I did reply to your post, 1st to thank u & 2nd to ask something else but it was so long winded I nearly ran out of space. Where the post has got to I have no idea so I will try & condense it. Main camera cable run approx. 35mtrs cat 5 cable already there so could I use it?

I think I have a multiplexore. Basically I have been buying gear off Ebay that I thought might be useful although may not be compatable. Seem to be having lots of probs comp wise since I upgraded to Exp 8

Regards

Tel

Hope I have better success with this posting!

Hi Soundy Well I did reply to your post, 1st to thank u & 2nd to ask something else but it was so long winded I nearly ran out of space. Where the post has got to I have no idea so I will try & condense it. Main camera cable run approx. 35mtrs cat 5 cable already there so could I use it?

Yes, you can. You'll need video baluns to properly transmit the signal over twisted pair, and I'd recommend using two pairs for the power. Typically, I'll use the blue pair for video, and the green and orange pairs for power (if 12VDC, the green and green/white are ground and orange and orange/white are power), but that's nothing written in stone, that's just my own convention.

I think I have a multiplexore. Basically I have been buying gear off Ebay that I thought might be useful although may not be compatable. Seem to be having lots of probs comp wise since I upgraded to Exp 8

Regards

Tel

Hope I have better success with this posting!

If you list what equipment you have (make AND model numbers) we should be able to tell you what will be useful to you and how.

Hi again Soundy Apologies for the delay in getting back to u couldn,t find out what 1 item was which is--UREXTRAS 4 channel capture card dvr pci - have a disc with this but I can,t get into the program

The recorder is a Amstrad ( thats a model from the past I think) VCR 6200 Pal i Video & Audio I/P 32 adjustable to 40 channel RF out Aerial & n/c alarm contacts.

I have also found another camera -- Videoscan which has a 240v I/P 8mm F1.3 TV lens & it also has like a manual adjustment marked in increments 0.5,0.6,0.8 & 1 also 16,11,8.5,4,2.8,2, & 1.3 Thats everything!

Porkytwo " title="Applause" />

Hi again Soundy Apologies for the delay in getting back to u couldn,t find out what 1 item was which is--UREXTRAS 4 channel capture card dvr pci - have a disc with this but I can,t get into the program

The recorder is a Amstrad ( thats a model from the past I think) VCR 6200 Pal i Video & Audio I/P 32 adjustable to 40 channel RF out Aerial & n/c alarm contacts.

I have also found another camera -- Videoscan which has a 240v I/P 8mm F1.3 TV lens & it also has like a manual adjustment marked in increments 0.5,0.6,0.8 & 1 also 16,11,8.5,4,2.8,2, & 1.3 Thats everything!

Porkytwo " title="Applause" />

Hi brightsparkretired. like i said in first post (nice expensive cameras £400 each) dont mess about with vhs ....oh yes i remember amstrad thats going back some years. and also dont use the 240v camera, will give you problems with the regs.

i will pm you with the price for the 4 way avermedia.