trevorlawrence

GRAPHIC CARD ON MOTHERBOARD

Hi,

I didn't find an appropriate place to post this thread so I am posting it here .

I am planning to buy ASUS M2N-MX SE motherboard . The specification says that the motherboard has inbuilt GeForce 6100 GPU. Now what I want to ask is having inbuilt 6100 GPU is equivalent to using a 6100 Graphics card with a Intel motherboard.

Secondly what will be the good choice of processor.

Also can you tell me the games which will run effectively with this motherboard.

I am not planning to buy a separate graphics card . Thanks a lot!!

Hi,

I didn't find an appropriate place to post this thread so I am posting it here .

I am planning to buy ASUS M2N-MX SE motherboard . The specification says that the motherboard has inbuilt GeForce 6100 GPU. Now what I want to ask is having inbuilt 6100 GPU is equivalent to using a 6100 Graphics card with a Intel motherboard.

The main difference is that the onboard video will use some of your system RAM for video memory, while a separate card will have its own dedicated memory. If you have lots of RAM, it shouldn't affect other operations, but you may see less performance with the onboard simply because cards with dedicated video RAM tend to use faster memory than is typically used or available for the motherboard.

Also can you tell me the games which will run effectively with this motherboard.

Seeing as this is a CCTV-oriented board, I don't know if you'll get a lot of info on gaming systems. Try www.icrontic.com.

I am not planning to buy a separate graphics card .

Then why even ask what the difference is?