AVS218

Need help finding these fittings

You can actually find those anywhere. The picture on the left is RG59 BNC compression fittings and the right is a RG6 BNC compression. Most electronic stores or even Ebay has them.

You can actually find those anywhere. The picture on the left is RG59 BNC compression fittings and the right is a RG6 BNC compression. Most electronic stores or even Ebay has them.

thanks, but no dice......try doing a search for them....cant get them anywhere

why do you want to use this type of fitting. over the standard type.

why do you want to use this type of fitting. over the standard type.

everyone has their preference, and i like the way this fitting works....hard to explain.....but what do you mean by "standard type" ?

by the way, im lloking for the bnc, not the rg6

oh ok.....well, for what it's worth, the compression fittings work much better than both of those.....they contact all the way around as opposed to a crimp fitting and I used the twist-ons a couple times but if you are near the ocean the salt air corrodes them in no time......................but to each his own

ok, forget it.....tracked them down...they are only available through graybar or anixter.......minimum order of 85 fittings at 4.35 each.......

ridiculous

thanks anyway

not these.....cant get them on ebay

ebay is full of them just like vin2install says.

like my earlier post. why not use screw or crimp. bnc

guys, ebay does NOT have these connectors.......yes, ebay has compression bnc connectors but not these.....I was looking specifically for the ppc brand compression connectors.......

I explained in an earlier post also why i dont like the twist/screw on connectors.....they corrode very quickly in salt air, near the ocean. Also, I dont like the crimp connectors because they just don't create a uniform seal around the cable like a compression connector does. A compression connector is the best way to terminate a cable, and is also the most professional looking.

Back to ebay, here is the model of these connectors.... ppc CMPBNC59 check it out

guys, ebay does NOT have these connectors.......yes, ebay has compression bnc connectors but not these.....I was looking specifically for the ppc brand compression connectors.......

I explained in an earlier post also why i dont like the twist/screw on connectors.....they corrode very quickly in salt air, near the ocean. Also, I dont like the crimp connectors because they just don't create a uniform seal around the cable like a compression connector does. A compression connector is the best way to terminate a cable, and is also the most professional looking.

Back to ebay, here is the model of these connectors.... ppc CMPBNC59 check it out

screw on type with cover is 1000 time better than compression type even on ships. plus every othe bnc clamps inner and outer with steel or copper. compression holds it with a plastic coller. how is that better. and you dont buy bnc connectors because they LOOK professional

yeah ok, we could turn this into a debate which is not what i want to do.....like i said, to each his own.... thanks anyway

yeah ok, we could turn this into a debate which is not what i want to do.....like i said, to each his own.... thanks anyway

this is the only place you can buy them from . i use rs components in the uk but they also have a outlet in america please see link

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/searchresults.aspx?N=0&Ntk=Primary&Ntt=bnc+compression

thanks for the link, but i dont see them on that site.....

Those look an awful lot like the Thomas & Betts Snap-n-Seal connectors. A lot of electricians use them.

117784_1.jpg

Here's a link to their distributor locator http://www-public.tnb.com/ps/dls/dls?ca=corp

thanks, you are right they are similar...here is link to their spec sheet http://www-public.tnb.com/ps/fulltilt/index.cgi?part=SNS1P59BNC

problem is they are more than 6.00 per fitting, if you can believe that....i am calling one of my distributors to see if they can get them and at what cost to me, they carry other t&b fittings so i dont see why not.....

Those look an awful lot like the Thomas & Betts Snap-n-Seal connectors. A lot of electricians use them.

117784_1.jpg

Here's a link to their distributor locator http://www-public.tnb.com/ps/dls/dls?ca=corp

thanks, you are right they are similar...here is link to their spec sheet http://www-public.tnb.com/ps/fulltilt/index.cgi?part=SNS1P59BNC

problem is they are more than 6.00 per fitting, if you can believe that....i am calling one of my distributors to see if they can get them and at what cost to me, they carry other t&b fittings so i dont see why not.....

from one of the advertisers from the top of this site. http://www.bulkcctvstore.com/BNC-RG59-Compression-Connectors-p121.html

117784_1.jpg

from one of the advertisers from the top of this site. http://www.bulkcctvstore.com/BNC-RG59-Compression-Connectors-p121.html

yes, i actually have that link in my favorites and was looking at them earlier.....not sure of the quality nut i might order a couple to check them out.....thanks

screw on type with cover is 1000 time better than compression type even on ships. plus every othe bnc clamps inner and outer with steel or copper. compression holds it with a plastic collar. how is that better. and you dont buy bnc connectors because they LOOK professional

i cannot believe i'm seeing this

twist ons are for amateurs/diy who don't want to buy the crimp tools. in no way are they superior to hex or radial crimps and i havn't seen a pro use twists ons for the last 10-15 years.

most twist ons i see are usually done badly as well, there is a few tricks to do them well.

however they are handy if you run into odd sized cables.

mind you i used to be in aerial industry and got well used to sparkies doing dodgy connections with twist ons.

screw on type with cover is 1000 time better than compression type even on ships. plus every othe bnc clamps inner and outer with steel or copper. compression holds it with a plastic collar. how is that better. and you dont buy bnc connectors because they LOOK professional

i cannot believe i'm seeing this

twist ons are for amateurs/diy who don't want to buy the crimp tools. in no way are they superior to hex or radial crimps and i havn't seen a pro use twists ons for the last 10-15 years.

most twist ons i see are usually done badly as well, there is a few tricks to do them well.

however they are handy if you run into odd sized cables.

mind you i used to be in aerial industry and got well used to sparkies doing dodgy connections with twist ons.

tweak e. you are in new zealand and i am in the uk. i have not used screw on for a few years. i use the crimp 3 piece. but in america screw on is the standard. plus screw on have been on the market alot longer than crimp and as far as for amateurs. you still need to trim screw on just the same way as crimp.

just for information....here in america , compression is the standard not screw on.....we call them twist on by the way, and yes they are mostly used by amatuers.....i'm not entering this debate, just making a clarification.....

This is what I recommend and use. Not a fan of the twist on stuff

http://www.icmcorp.net/pdf/ICMCorp_SLMSystem.pdf

those are pretty good, i have some of those bnc connectors..... For 'f' connectors i use the ppc ex6 or 59 depending on cable.....but i'm thinking of switching everything to the thomas and betts connectors if they can match the quality and reliability of the ppc fittings....