pharla

Maplin - Sentient DVR. Transfer to USB Stick

Hi

I have a Sentient DVR (Which is basically a Maplin own brand). The instructions are not that good and it has been a mission to get it set up. I am now struglling to copy any recorded footage to USB.

Following the manual instructions it looks as though it is copying, but when finished there is no file on the key drive. Has anyone else had this problem? Any tips?

Thanks in advance

Hi

I have a Sentient DVR (Which is basically a Maplin own brand). The instructions are not that good and it has been a mission to get it set up. I am now struglling to copy any recorded footage to USB.

Following the manual instructions it looks as though it is copying, but when finished there is no file on the key drive. Has anyone else had this problem? Any tips?

Thanks in advance

either the drive path has not been changed to usb from cd. or you need viewing software which should have come with your unit.

Thanks Tom.

Don't get as far as viewing the file as it is just not on the USB stick at all. The unit does not have the ability to define the drive. It just has a function to copy to the usb. It looks as if it is going through the process, but is obviously falling down somewhere. It may of course be that I am doing something wrong. As I say the instructions are not very good.

Thanks Tom.

Don't get as far as viewing the file as it is just not on the USB stick at all. The unit does not have the ability to define the drive. It just has a function to copy to the usb. It looks as if it is going through the process, but is obviously falling down somewhere. It may of course be that I am doing something wrong. As I say the instructions are not very good.

does your dvr only have usb back-up or does it also have a cd (were are you)

I'm sure it's already the case, but ensure it's FAT32 formatted.

You might want to search online for the Swann (or Safe-Core) equivalent to find a better manual.

Hi,

I have a similar model: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=350932

but my problem, is my usb properties say it is FAT and I can save the files to the stick ok but trying to play them back on my pc using the installed playback software that came with the kit, does not work.

It shows a quad cam setup like I have installed but only displays the first frame of 1 camera and does not play..

Any help greatly appreciated..

Thanks David..

I have the same issue, the SENTIENT N72GU will not back up to the USB, there is no instructions on how to prepare the usb to receive the back up file, if this is required??

i need the footage in an ongoing case against the local police force, and require any advice on how to back up the information as i fear the cctv will stop functioning and i will loose all the footage once the police take it into there custody!!

Pleas can you confirm what i need to do to back up the footage to USB as soon as possible!!

As an alternative to USB, can video be viewed via remote software or a web browser? Does the software have a backup/download feature? Maybe try saving the video that way.

As an alternative to USB, can video be viewed via remote software or a web browser? Does the software have a backup/download feature? Maybe try saving the video that way.

unfortunately not (

have had to resort to recording it on my camera phone from the screen playback!! really disappointed in the system, the download feature was one on the major selling points

there is no instructions on how to prepare the usb to receive the back up file, if this is required??

hi you need to burn off via pen drive. format memory stick (fat32) and it will auto detect in burn off. dont use any memory stick over 1gb

there is no instructions on how to prepare the usb to receive the back up file, if this is required??

hi you need to burn off via pen drive. format memory stick (fat32) and it will auto detect in burn off. dont use any memory stick over 1gb

the incident took 304640kb, i'll buy a couple of 1gb and split it into sections i guess?!?