cglaeser

Axis video encoder with ARTPEC-3 processor

Has anyone used any of the new Axis video encoders that use the ARTPEC-3 processor? If so, what are your impression of the video quality compared to other solutions?

Best,

Christopher

Has anyone used any of the new Axis video encoders that use the ARTPEC-3 processor? If so, what are your impression of the video quality compared to other solutions?

Best,

Christopher

I have the Q4701..... I think the video quality is very good, POE, onboard storage, PTZ control, trigger in/outs, H.264.

I have the Q4701..... I think the video quality is very good, POE, onboard storage, PTZ control, trigger in/outs, H.264.

Thanks. I was strongly considering the AverMedia EH5216, but for a variety of reasons, I think the Axis Q7404 and Exacq is a better solution for me.

Best,

Christopher

Thanks. I was strongly considering the AverMedia EH5216, but for a variety of reasons, I think the Axis Q7404 and Exacq is a better solution for me.

Best,

Christopher

Let me know if you need the Exacq licences

Will do. I should probably order a USB MAC dongle since I anticipate moving the licenses in the future.

Best,

Christopher

Will do. I should probably order a USB MAC dongle since I anticipate moving the licenses in the future.

Best,

Christopher

I would just makes things a lot easier

I would just makes things a lot easier

I've read through several dozen reviews on Amazon regarding USB Ethernet adapters. Apparently, many are USB 1.1, not that I actually intend to use if for Ethernet traffic, but would like one that is easily recognized and supported by Windows XP/Vista/7 and Linux.

Best,

Christopher