shawngradwell

Backing up DVR system from network server.

Hi,

Very little knowledge on my side so please help. I have to backup two seperate DVR systems on a single IP network - MS Domain. It is two different systems both accessible via web interface. I can ping them but cannot browse to them. What info do you need and where do I look for the info. Is it at all possible to run a script or backup job to backup the data on the DVRs?

Thanks for any help.

Shawn

Complete brand and model numbers of the DVRs, at the very least.

If they're PC-based, you can probably configure them for file system sharing, but if they're standalone/embedded types, you're probably stuck going through the web interface.

If the latter, you may be able to script something to navigate the web interface automatically, but you'd then still be limited by the unit's network capabilities - I doubt most embedded systems will do what you want.

Ultimately, if these aren't PC-based systems, you may need to switch them to PC-based systems to achieve what you're after... at that point, you could just run a regular backup app on each one, or even have them write to a secure network drive instead of a local drive.

Thank you for the reply.

These are not PC based systems. I instructed the on-site technicians to get me the make/model and all details they can get as well as the info of the web software it runs.

Will report back.

Thanks again.

Soundy,

Here's the setup:

Digital Video Recorder

H-264

and

HIKVISION

Running web based software called Net VideoOCX.

Does this mean anything?

Unfortunately, no, not really. Neither is a model name, and HikVision makes a number of different standalone units.

Maybe if you have pictures of them, someone (scorpion?) will be able to identify them. Scorpion has manuals for just about every DVR ever made