bs953

DS RealVue and monitor out

Ok now that my RealVue has been finally working with no issues, I had to create one. LOL Currently running 6 cameras analog and two cameras via IP MJPEG @ 15ips, both low lights work great (total of eight). Everybody is happy. Now my DVR is in my server rack, in my garage/shop. About 130' away straight through the attic. If I am using DS Control Point (4.2.0.2) I can see all 8 cameras no issues on any of my computers including outside of the network. BUT it chews the hell out of my cpu, makes my quad core run at 85% all the time. (yes I know change settings etc etc), generally I have been "monitoring" the outside world by simply sliding that program to my other screen. No problem. Well since I just got a boatload of Pelco monitors and fixed a real nice 19" public view, I thought what the hell I can set that up in my room, make a run of rg6 from the shop and bingo were good to go! Right?

Sure you bet, man works great, hear some noise hit the remote and instant picture. Nice, great solid picture except, no ip cams, happens to be the two that I really wanna watch. The back of the DS has 4 monitor outputs, each corresponds to one of the boards. I am showing 6 analog cams no problem. I changed the IP camera assingment to the "virtual" ports on board one hoping that would do it...not....changed them to mpg4...not. I can even see them in the Digital Sentry Client software, but they still wont show on the remote monitor. Same thing with Control Point, I can set them up but it wont send the signal. In DS Admin I can set the views up too, same deal. ARRRGGGG.

I assume then, that I can only send "analog" video "out" to a monitor, since the IP cams are digital they wont pass through the monitor out? That seems unlikely for a 12k system. I could I suppose take the VGA out and convert that to BNC, then I would get everything on my remote monitor. I am hoping, that I am doing something wrong here. It would be a major pain to change my ip cams to analog since I mounted these ones up high. So any guru's got any ideas? Please tell me I am just holding my mouth wrong!

I wanna use the pass through and run that to my 42" in my living room and use pip (since thats a Pelco too), but not if I can't see all the dang cams. Thanx all for any ideas. Note: I am aware that I can get the VGA to BNC thingy, but then wait a week and pay $40.00.....not what I really wanna do.