Sign in to follow this  
Bloat

Y-Cam SD Recording Issues

Hi,

I have been having various problems with recording to SD with the Y-Cam Black SD ( Firmware 4.08 ).

Continual recording seems to work fine for a while then suddenly stops requiring enabling and disabling the recording. A power cycle doesn't seem to resolve.

Recording on alarm seems to work better but approx once per day it saves a 183 or 0 byte file. Recording continues on next alarm but strangely the 'System' page shows that the unit has rebooted as the System Uptime has reset to 0.

I have tried a reset, and formatting the cards both in an external card reader and using the Y-Cam itself but the results are the same. I have also tried recording both the secondary and primary streams and at various quality/compression levels.

Has anyone any suggestions, or can anyone share any configurations that they are using to successfully record on alarm or continually record please?

BTW the SD cards being used are either Kingston or Sandisk. The 4 and 8GB cards are SDHC.

Bloat

I have no experience recording to SD, but I do have problems with Live View where the browser locks. I have been unable to get any joy from the manufacturer, so does anyone on here have the API/SDK for the Y-Cam ?