kenoshalighthouse

GV800 Webcam Runtime Error

Have not had problems with IE connecting to webcam to GV800 system until vista and windows 7. I get a runtime error (no error number) in IE8 & IE7 therefore i cannot connect. This is only with some vista and windows 7 machines. On some vista and windows 7 I do not have the problem. Does anyone has had the problem and was able to fix it?

Yup, I'm getting it now.

I cannot connect remotely anymore, it crashes Iexplorer

Runtime Error!

Program: ........iexplore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way...

Blah blah blah..

Bad Geovision, bad Geovision!

GV-800, 8.3xx, New Win 7 32 bit install, Webcam enabled.

Used to be ok on a previous install, but I was having network problems, so I re-installed Win 7.

Oyey Vay!

Works fine (webcam) on another computer, so I will try uninstalling activeX stuff on the other one

ran the webpage in compatibility mode - still crashed.

I removed all codecs (Prog. Uninstall...) and in process of re-installing.

However, I am prompted for a LOCAL location of drivers for the LiveView.

When I close this and clip the Download link, I only get choices for Multiview and Remoteview resolutions, which I cannot d/l anyway.

(I get a message, Connecting to the Server... and nothing happens)

I may have to reboot the camera system, since at least this should transfer over.

I could try browsing to the directory via the network, but where the heck are the codecs stored? You would THINK they would have them in a dir. called CODECS, but no....

that depends on the version or installer you used.

check

C:\WINDOWS\GeoOCX\WebCam

C:\WINDOWS\System32\v8120 (eg. version 8.12)

C:\Program Files\GeoCodec

Be sure to clean the registry after removing .. eg use CCleaner

You could also manually remove them in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

vidc.G264, vidc.G26S, etc. basically the vidc.G### is geovision.

shows the file locations also.

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\drivers.desc

thats just the codecs though .. also need to remove the activeX which is likely your issue:

eg registry section for 8.32, also shows the location of the registered activeX control.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{8D58D690-6B71-4EE8-85AD-006DB0287BF1}

older versions:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{DA8484DE-52DB-4860-A986-61A8682E298A}

I have a remover but its not up to date.

Ok, I'll try removing everything and go thro reg. too.

I was able to browse to various locations you provided, but I always got an IE error after it finished looking for the driver - basically IE re-loads, so I am sure it is a weird deep-rooted prob.

Cheers Rory.

So, tried a wack of things, incl:

Running CCleaner, Uninstalling IE8 and loading IE9 Beta.

When I tried connecting with IE9, it had a problem allowing the Geovision OCX loader and, checking the 'addons', could see it would NOT accept this ActiveX control.

Went through internet and intranet settings enabling every activeX option, restarting IE9 each time, but all in vein.

Finally, I did a system restore to a restore point a few days ago and, it put back IE8.

Tried logging on to the webserver and it is now working.

Freaky....

So now I am down to my slow network when Multicam is running, even with motion detect off, and webcam server not running, it is so solw at file copies.

Thanks so far Rory.

Pete

just got back in from some literally back breaking work ... will take a look at this a little later.

another idea is to try IE tabs in Google Chrome - the activeX has to be installed first though but I found activeX to run even better in IE tabs than IE8.

Also try this:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/webcam/

download and install the activeX and then reload the page in IE and enter your site details.

no information is saved by the way.

Try this... run Internet Explorer as Administrator (right click on Internet Explorer and click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR)

We found we had this problem on a few clients who have Windows 7 x32... i havnt had any issues on x64 yet with this... but its strange. Even if the user is an ADMIN you still have to right click, then go to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. I would find my active x controls would freeze while intsalling and it drove me absolutly nuts.

GeoVision doesnt seem to be a 100% fan with windows 7 x32 yet, x64 as i said, no problems, but x32 ive had a few issues

This actually worked!

Thanks for this work-around. Hopefully, someone at Geovision will see this and figure out what the problem is.

Just fyi, this is on a W7 64bit ver. and the server (Multicam) is running on a W7 32bit.

I first tried on 'regular' I.E., got the error, then closed IE, Then ran as admin and it was able to view the webserver ok.

Many thanks.

There's a few things that kiss me off about W7, including this whole administrator crap. I mean, I AM the administrator, so why do I have to run things in admin mode????

Maybe this whole problem is a W7 issue and not Geovisions?

Who knows...

Maybe this whole problem is a W7 issue and not Geovisions?

Who knows...

It IS a Windows 7 issue, not Geovision.

It's running great on my Win7 system.

Win7 is actually quite robost, it just has some 'quirks' when trying to do certain things. The issues are not critical things.

It's my other system (or rather, IE8) that has a problem, when trying to view the webserver.