d_guth

Video Server e problem....weird

Hi Guys

Well I've noticed a weird problem....seems that my computer downstairs won't control certain "radio" buttons in the program.

Seems to be all the bottom ones like play etc, CH1 CH4, 4 cut etc.

I can use the program top buttons like sys config, snap shot etc.

I've tried re-installing several times and used diff versions, using 1.0.6.3 now. I use the same on laptop and everything works...very strange...

Hello!

Not sure what you are describing. If you can manipulate the button across the top then you are connected to the DVR.

If you cannot change full screen to a selected camera then that is odd.

I would first want to get another computer hooked to that internet wire. I want to test that the cable is good, or that the router has a bad port. (OK! OK! I am grasping at straws!)

If another computer has this problem then troubleshoot. If the computer works fine, then the problem is with your computer.

At first I thought you might be logging in with a user / password that only allowed you to view, but if you can do this on other computers then that is not the case.

I would have thought that you did a virus removal and a file got taken out, but reloading the software should take care of it.

Here is what you need to do. Remove the software again. (I know, I know). Now do a search for various keywords for video server e, video playback ect. We will want to hand remove anything that survives.

I think the software is removed, but some traces are still there. When it is reloaded it does not copy over top, and it just uses what is already there.

Once you are sure that everything is gone then reload the software.

It is a stretch, but what do you think?

Hey thanks for the ideas guys, yea it's strange because I can control everything with a different computer. Got to be something with the computer as video viewer does same thing. I'll try some of your suggestions and see what I come up with, already checked the java and it's up to date...never tried adjusting the res or manually removing old video e server...I'm an IT and Electronics Tech so I'll do my best and get back. Thanks again.

Well...I changed res with no luck and tried manually removing the software, even went to reg edit and removed the AVTECH and reloaded video viewer just to try and same problem.

I'll try the java re-install...had a look at my firewall too

Want a really strange thing to try...

Check and see if your popup blocker is set on this computer. If so, turn it off or add the ip to its white list

Hey Guys...thanks for your time here.

I fixed it by loading windows again fresh onto a new partition...it works as it should in the fresh windows load. So now I have a dual boot sys and when I boot the old windows up it's same prob?

If I think back....I can't think of any one day when it stopped working for the bottom buttons but it's def a windows problem.

If I find out why I'll drop a line to explain...thanks again.

Dave

I wonder if you can go to tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab and reset internet explorer settings and also delete temp internet files to see if that will restore the system?

i have the same problem it starte 2 weeks agon and trie the java the reg edit to uninstall, re download re-install, new cat5 cable. i even tried making a new user account, and now i have to do a harware reset cuz it jacked up passwords for all accounts. on a side note i i open ie and view dvr same probem, but the remote works.