xyontek

HD recording of live bands in a nightclub

I searched this forum and was unable to find any information that directly dealt with trying to record high definition video in a nightclub for the purpose of re-broadcasting on television.

I have been searching for a few days on finding the best camera system for this or even a company that I can work with who has done this before. I am hoping that someone in this forum can help me.

If anyone knows where I need to look or who I can talk to, please tell me

I searched this forum and was unable to find any information that directly dealt with trying to record high definition video in a nightclub for the purpose of re-broadcasting on television.

I have been searching for a few days on finding the best camera system for this or even a company that I can work with who has done this before. I am hoping that someone in this forum can help me.

If anyone knows where I need to look or who I can talk to, please tell me

sanyo have a HD camera that will do the job. it will record 1080p to a external H/ drive.

spec :

The VCC-HD4000P uses groundbreaking technology to offer improved picture quality, giving vast improvement in image sharpness. The dual streaming of H.264 and JPEG enable high definition recording, (internally or externally) and real time H.264 live monitoring at the same time. Images can be recorded onto SD/SDHC memory card and also to a external hard drive via USB.

These features allied with a 4 million mega pixel progressive scan sensor and 10 x built in optical zoom lens mean crystal clear images are available for a range of applications and situations where it was not previously possible.

Ideal for banking, retail and all remote surveillance applications, the VCC-HDN4000P brings broadcast quality imaging to the CCTV industry.

In my search I came across another sanyo camera

Sanyo VCC-HD4600P Full HD Zoom Camera

This is the datasheet http://www.use-ip.co.uk/datasheets/324/sanyo_vcchd4600p_full_hd_zoom_camera.pdf

I wasn't sure if it would be effective. I know the main issue really is what would the video look like after recording. I can't afford for it to be B/W.

the recording is full hd very good video . just like watching tv

I'd think even something in an HD camcorder would be preferably to a CCTV camera in this situation. There are models with built-in HDD, as well as those that will record direct flash media.

If you want broadcast-quality cameras, you need to look at the broadcast camera industry; not CCTV. For starters, look at Panasonic, Ikegami and Sony's offerings:

http://www.panasonic.com/business/provideo/home.asp

http://www.ikegami.com/product_indexb.html

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-broadcastcameras/

Those systems are very expensive, a CCTV system would be much cheaper (I stand to be corrected)

Those systems are very expensive, a CCTV system would be much cheaper (I stand to be corrected)

Cheaper - yes. Suitable - ???

It all depends on your desired use. Just don't expect to get broadcast-quality video from a CCTV camera; especially in night club lighting.

HD and Low Light Color? Does it exist? Well .. I mean on the cheap?

Yes Rory, it does exist. On the cheap NO.

You would be looking at something like the Avigilon 1080p PRO Camera with CCD Sensor and a high performace EF Mount Lens like the Canon L series 50mm or 85mm f/1.2 running at 30ips visually lossless compression. A kicking PC with a bucket load of storage and a High End Graphics Card.

Cheapest for this would be Soundy's suggestion of a good HD Camcorder for a DIY option.

Best would be to hire someone in the broadcast game to do it, and probably cheaper than buying all the gear yourself.