swong46

Beginner looking for home security, plese help

I bought the VBM-24VF for testing so this is my very first CNB product. I can't speak for the reliability yet, but overall I am very impressed. Especially for the price.

We have literally dozens of CNBs in service now (not all these models, of course) and I don't think we've had a single in-use failure or a single DOA camera yet. Several of them have replaced toasted Extreme domes in one client's site... others were used as spares to temporarily replace Pelco IS-110s that had to go in for repair after less than a year in service.

Based on experience SO FAR, the CNB domes have been among the most reliable I've ever dealt with. On top of that, they're among the nicest and most flexible to install and configure... like they actually had an installer consult on the physical design!

I bought the VBM-24VF for testing so this is my very first CNB product. I can't speak for the reliability yet, but overall I am very impressed. Especially for the price.

The being said, these aren't the same cameras.

The 577HIA has internal IRs so it can see in zero light without any assistance. It also has a neat white strobe light. I thought it was stupid at first, but it continuously blinks at night and really does make you look up and wonder "what's that??" as you look into the lens.

The VBM-24VF is a true day/night camera with ICR but it does not have internal IRs. It also has advanced features on the OSD.

Both cameras are very good, but not an apples to apples comparison.

I can tell you this though, I will be bidding a job this week using several of the VBM-24VFs.

If your using the cameras indoors, use indoor models. Typically their cheaper. Both these cameras are IP65.

Could you tell me where I can buy the ECL camera? I'd like to get some pricing information.

Thanks!

Could you tell me where I can buy the ECL camera? I'd like to get some pricing information.

Thanks!

Go to EclipseCCTV.com and ask for an authorized dealer in your area.

OR

PM me and I'd be happy to provide you with any any info you'd like.

We have literally dozens of CNBs in service now (not all these models, of course) and I don't think we've had a single in-use failure or a single DOA camera yet. Several of them have replaced toasted Extreme domes in one client's site... others were used as spares to temporarily replace Pelco IS-110s that had to go in for repair after less than a year in service.

Based on experience SO FAR, the CNB domes have been among the most reliable I've ever dealt with. On top of that, they're among the nicest and most flexible to install and configure... like they actually had an installer consult on the physical design!

My suppler said she can't remember ever having to give an RMA for CNB. Arm elctronics, Ever Focus (she called it Never Focus haha), even Pelco she admitted was a different story.

This CNB camera really is something special. It just feels and looks solid. Just taking it out of the box I thought maybe they had goofed and sent me the wrong one. I would have expected this thing to cost 2-3 times more. Slap a Pelco sticker on the side and one easily could.

I love the OSD control... A single "joystick" that even a 6' 2" 260 lbs hoss like me can easily navigate even wearing gloves if I had to.

Let's not forget the most important part: the picture. This thing could see things in my pitch black backyard that I would stumble over if I didn't have a flash light. Awesome.

I see that the 599 is a highly praised camera.I checked it out and was wondering how good of a view can you get with it only being 420tvl?

I see that the 599 is a highly praised camera.I checked it out and was wondering how good of a view can you get with it only being 420tvl?

they have the 599T and the 599HT, high res model - both vandal bullets.

I have used only the 599T but dont anymore, I still have one connected here at my appt, and another sitting on the ground in the garage, and I and others have used them at other locations. I wont use them anymore because it uses notches to adjust it, you cannot always get the view you want, and its a PITA to mount and adjust .. additionally the video/power lead is too short, as it is with most Eclipse cameras. They do work in certain applications, daytime color is good for a COLOR IR camera, low res is not so good but not bad either, but the high res model is overpriced, and for less money then the 420tvl model, I can buy a true Day Night CNB, which has a better quality image - just impossible to find in Florida, as it seems products such as Eclipse and Everfocus are so popular there!

I havent used the other 599s, but i have been told the image is not as good as the T version.

Don't get so hung up on TVL... to a large degree, it's just marketing hype that CCTV manufacturers have latched on to as a "bigger is better" number that they can toss out for half-informed consumers. TVL these days is to CCTV what megapixels are to digital still cameras, or watts are to car audio buffs - relevant if you understand what you're looking at, but greatly overhyped and at times "fudged" beyond usefulness.

Don't get so hung up on TVL... to a large degree, it's just marketing hype that CCTV manufacturers have latched on to as a "bigger is better" number that they can toss out for half-informed consumers. TVL these days is to CCTV what megapixels are to digital still cameras, or watts are to car audio buffs - relevant if you understand what you're looking at, but greatly overhyped and at times "fudged" beyond usefulness.

haha, I love it when those stupid all in one home theater systems advertise "800 watts!!!" when you know that's absolute peak on the 1ohm crap speakers that distort at half the power their advertised at. 800 watts... really?? And your using 22 gauge wire??

But about the 599s... the cheapest bullet camera I can feel comfortabl recomending. I haven't wasted any coin trying to get the fancier models, for reasons Rory mentioned. Just too expensive... We did however test the 598v model and what a POS.

But about the 599s... the cheapest bullet camera I can feel comfortabl recomending. I haven't wasted any coin trying to get the fancier models, for reasons Rory mentioned. Just too expensive... We did however test the 598v model and what a POS.

Im still happy with the image from the 599T, amazing for a low res camera .. color is great for not having an IR Cut filter. If one needs a rather inexpensive vandal resistant bullet .. this can be mounted where domes cant, such as where I have it mounted at my appt. The adjustment notches is what really kills it for me though.

If you have the cash, a couple hundred more, this is a nice CNB IR Bullet also .. I installed one the other day:

http://www.cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=339

OMG easy to install ..

focused to wide FOV from the factory, but has 2 flat head screw adjustments for focus and zoom underneath contained in a little rubber cover that unclips easily.

It has a small fan at the back underneath in its own spray resistant compartment, has a little vent, 4 phillips screws to remove and change only the fan if needed.

On the side just below the sunshield near the front, it has a small flat head screw that removes, has a rubber ring to seal it, and inside that are all the dipswitches and the service video out.

Basically .. you never have to go inside the camera!

the bracket ... now im going to tell you right off the bat .. these guys HAD to have bought some Extreme CCTV EX82s to get some specs from as their bracket matches up almost exactly with the EX82's, in fact the 4 screw holes are exactly the same position ... I replaced an EX82 with this which is why I can be so sure! Ofcourse one can just look at their Dual CCD camera though and also see where they got some ideas, still brilliant ideas and products though .. and cheaper! It is slightly different though if you use the mounting base, it is then 2 parts. The mounting base is mounted, then you just hook the camera bracket to it, and then can screw it tight. Easy to mount.

that said .. the cheaper Day Night IR Bullet from them I linked before, is not the same. That one is smaller then this, this one is like a jumbo sized version of that! When I get some images next week I will start a new thread to review it.

If you have the cash, a couple hundred more, this is a nice CNB IR Bullet also .. I installed one the other day:

http://www.cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=339

OMG easy to install ..

focused to wide FOV from the factory, but has 2 flat head screw adjustments for focus and zoom underneath contained in a little rubber cover that unclips easily.

It has a small fan at the back underneath in its own spray resistant compartment, has a little vent, 4 phillips screws to remove and change only the fan if needed.

On the side just below the sunshield near the front, it has a small flat head screw that removes, has a rubber ring to seal it, and inside that are all the dipswitches and the service video out.

Basically .. you never have to go inside the camera! .

See, this is just the kind of things I love about the CNB domes: it's like, they actually got installers' input on the physical designs, and used a little intelligence in them.

I was looking at the CNB VBM-24VF outdoor dome.Seems like a really good camera at a great price.

After making mistake in buying the cheap ones, I think I'll just put those on the sides of our house.

And I think I'll get 2 of the B2760NVF for viewing the front of my house.

Can someone recommend a very wide angle camera for the back portion of my house?

The widest lens you'll COMMONLY find will be about a 2.6mm or 2.8mm, which will give you about an 80-to-90-degree horizontal field of view on a 1/4" or 1/3" sensor. Beyond that you need either specialty lenses, or multi-sensor cameras.

The widest lens you'll COMMONLY find will be about a 2.6mm or 2.8mm, which will give you about an 80-to-90-degree horizontal field of view on a 1/4" or 1/3" sensor. Beyond that you need either specialty lenses, or multi-sensor cameras.

im going to try put a 1.78mm lens (KLB0178) on a CNB dome on Monday, it originally comes with a 3.8mm fixed lens. its just looking at a small gate though and its mounted right on the wall at the side of it, client wants to watch her dogs eat dinner Actually I ordered that and a 2.45mm lens .. if either dont fit then it will just stick with the 3.8, although the 2.45 should be no problem, 1.7 im not sure as I never used them and it might be too large. Get this though, the retailer shipped the lenses separate from the dome camera, to the Bahamas! I was a little upset

What would be a good 90 degree camera if that is my best easy option? Is the CNB VBM-24VF that was mentioned good?

And whats different about the CNB DBM-24VF

What would be a good 90 degree camera if that is my best easy option? Is the CNB VBM-24VF that was mentioned good?

Very good. It will give very close to a 90-degree FOV (about 85 degrees, I believe) with its 2.8-10.5mm lens.

And whats different about the CNB DBM-24VF

Indoor-only, plastic enclosure. The VBM and VCM models are the same guts, in outdoor-rated, weatherproof, vandal-resistant metal enclosures.

oh by the way neither of those lenses fit on the CNB IR Dome ..

Well the 2.45 did fit but it had to be screwed right into the point where it touched the CCD .. so that was no good .. the 1.78 was way too long to even try. 3.8mm was okay in this case (needed IR as pitch dark). Wont use that dome again though.

Thanks for everyones help

I'll be getting CNB VBM-24VF and B2760NVF do both use the regular DC and BNC cable?

Oh, and why do some of the CNB VBM-24VF called "CNB VBM-24VF Monalisa" ?

Trying out my new B2760NVF camera but have tons of lines on the screen; interference? What to do to get rid of it?