ryeporta

Should I retire my DDNS Server

Ok .. first .. apologies A little irrelevant ..

My company has got a DDNS Server, with our own DDNS client, setup many years (5-6yrs ago) back for a project with a local ISP.

Now the users are dwindling and the ISP is planning to pull the plug on this project .. so unless I can convince them with the potential for profitability from this DDNS Server.. It will probably go down as a good ol memory ..

My question is this:

Is there who will pay a subscription for a DDNS service that will allow u to access all your CCTV systems remotely without having to install any software .. all things web-based .. assuming u have a few branches across the country

And maybe with a few nicey like alerting you when we don't hear from your DVR

Next Question is:

Is there any service that you wouldn't mind paying a few bucks to subscribe for .. so as to make the managing of your CCTV .. or any related tasks easier .. or more porductive??

If it is NO to both the above .. then should I really just retire this project or is there anything that I can convert this Server to be used for?

Edited by Guest

Unfortunately, there are already a number of free services similar (if not functionally identical) to this, so you'd have to come up with something extra-special to make it worth paying for...

Unfortunately, there are already a number of free services similar (if not functionally identical) to this, so you'd have to come up with something extra-special to make it worth paying for...

Any extra-special something that u can think of?