Sign in to follow this  
cctvlad

Wireless PTZ control

Hi all ,

I have purchased a pair of wireless rs485 modules for the control of a ptz 100 feet away it has to be wireless.

But my problem is that the DVR has ptz control at RS232 communication. It looks like I need a converter or something . any tips on how to do this ??

I have seen serial adapters for sale but need like a wire interface rather than a plug as im not using a pc based DVR

Ryan

Hi all ,

I have purchased a pair of wireless rs485 modules for the control of a ptz 100 feet away it has to be wireless.

But my problem is that the DVR has ptz control at RS232 communication. It looks like I need a converter or something . any tips on how to do this ??

I have seen serial adapters for sale but need like a wire interface rather than a plug as im not using a pc based DVR

Ryan

This is what we would do.

Bring the PTZ onto the bench and connect it to the DVR to confirm you have PTZ operation.

Purchase a pair of 232 to 485 convertors and wire them into the cable circuit so that you have DVR to 232>485 then wire to 485>232 then PTZ and check that this works.

Then install the radio into the circuit replacing the wire between the convertors and check for operation.

Only then install on site.

Hope that helps

Ilkie