Can anyone give me a few recommendstions for which software to buy that would handl different brands of network cameras on a PC based system.

I think NUUO probably supports the most but many more MFG's are coming on board supporting a large assortment of models. Best bet is to select which cameras you want and to look at the supported list for the NVR's your interested in.

Or pick the NVR you're interested in and select from the list of supported cameras

Exacqvision...... Cheap compared to other enterprise class solutions..... Works with Windows, Linux, MAC, Firefox, Chrome, Iphone Blackberry, and Androd....... Runs on Atom based servers for low cost low power reliable systems. Feel fee to PM me for more info http://www.exacq.com

Milestone/ONSSI probably has the widest compatibility list... But at a significant cost premium.

Exacq has worked well for me, and has fairly wide support as well.

Exacqvision...... Cheap compared to other enterprise class solutions..... Works with Windows, Linux, MAC, Firefox, Chrome, Iphone Blackberry, and Androd....... Runs on Atom based servers for low cost low power reliable systems. Feel fee to PM me for more info http://www.exacq.com

Wireguys, I'm in the process of building an Atom based dual core system and giving Exacq a run. Most of these small chassis' don't have much room for multiple drives. How do handle this with a small system? I'm assuming like with other NVR softwares we want to keep the OS and NVR software on it's own physical drive and put the recorded data on another. I'm thinking of using a solid state drive for the OS and software.

How many cameras can you see this system operating with lets say 1.3MP's and maybe a 3MP or two?

Thanks

Wireguys, I'm in the process of building an Atom based dual core system and giving Exacq a run. Most of these small chassis' don't have much room for multiple drives. How do handle this with a small system? I'm assuming like with other NVR softwares we want to keep the OS and NVR software on it's own physical drive and put the recorded data on another. I'm thinking of using a solid state drive for the OS and software.

How many cameras can you see this system operating with lets say 1.3MP's and maybe a 3MP or two?

Thanks

Small setups I only run 1HD to keep the cost down and most none enterprise DVRs only have one HD anyway. A 2TB HD can store alot of h.264 video. I have had a mix of 10 MP cameras running on a Atom without any problems. Exacq limits the EL box to 24IP cameras. If I know/think the customer will have more then 10 IP cameras I will upgrade to a dual core setup.