tweak'e

IR in the daytime

what effect would a reasonably bright IR light do in the daytime to picture quality (on a cheapish analog) ?

reason for this is i removed the built in IR in the rear camera of my mobile setup. quality is a bit better, i think it was switching on to early and fogging the lens a bit. however i can remote install the IR (backing lamps are a bit weak so it may help when used as reversing camera). but really would like to see if it will improve capture of license plates at night. the IR can run off the vehicle lights. however that means at times the IR can be running during the day as well. i don't really want the IR to upset the daylight pics.

HI

About your question I am not sure to give you a right answer but I will like to show you

a camera that I use for day and night time without IR. It is a pretty cool camera because

is a color camera during day and night time without IR. Maybe you can use this one.

night.jpg.0248fc31ec76726a56dd6bdd490233e8.jpg

Depends on the camera really, if it is a day night model with a ir cut filter that removes at night IR will work at night, and be blocked during the day... Why not put a photosensor switch on the IR to save the electric bills, and the life of the ir unit so it only comes on when its dark?

bright headlights pointed straight at the camera can turn the IR off. night time is not a problem because IR will be on with the vehicle lights.

the problem comes in when vehicle lights are on in the day (which means IR is also on).

i might just have to make some up and do some testing.