petercctv

help with dvr storesafe networking

hi can any one help me & advice how to sort this . got a dvr GE storesafe and need it on line via internet for remote access . it this wired via a ethernet connection via a router in the comms room and i can access it with my laptop plug in to the router via the ge software and and grain access to the internet , works great but away from the site i can not grain access to the dvr ,many thanks for your time & help

peter

hi can any one help me & advice how to sort this . got a dvr GE storesafe and need it on line via internet for remote access . it this wired via a ethernet connection via a router in the comms room and i can access it with my laptop plug in to the router via the ge software and and grain access to the internet , works great but away from the site i can not grain access to the dvr ,many thanks for your time & help

peter

which ip are you using to connect. is it the same as when you log on at the router ???

Not familiar with this model but it sounds like you need to open up (forward) some ports thru your router to the DVR to make it accessable thru the internet. At a minimum, I would assume port 80 (http).

Your manual should tell you exactly what ports need to be open for internet access and portforward.com will help you in setting up your specific router.

peter

which ip are you using to connect. is it the same as when you log on at the router ???

i no its the ip on the dvr not the router?this this right

peter

i no its the ip on the dvr not the router?this this right

from the router that your dvr is on you need to find the external ip...... go to google and type myip and you will see the ip you need. you only need this ip when you are away from the dvr location.

i am going on monday to the site , can i just check what i need to do, i will plug my laptop in to the router same as the dvr and google myip ,what do i do then?sorry to be a pain

many thanks for your help " title="Applause" />

i am going on monday to the site , can i just check what i need to do, i will plug my laptop in to the router same as the dvr and google myip ,what do i do then?sorry to be a pain

many thanks for your help " title="Applause" />

the ip you use at the site you enter http://192.168.*.*

you do the same but use the external ip from google.

sorry i am bit new to this what do you mean PM?

Hi. very top right of screen you will see new message.

mANY THANKS TO ALL GOT IT SORTED " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />