FuriousGeorge

Recmmendation for PC-based DVR

You can use the 'system idle protection' in geovision to automatically restart the recording of the cameras after a preset time idle. This means you can turn of the recording to access various setup options, and if you forget to turn recording back on, it will do it automatically after the system has not been touched for a while, I have mine set to a minute or so.

Its under general settings in the setup menu.

Sounds like a hack workaround for a poor design. Why not just make it so you don't have to stop recording to change the settings? Or at least, why not make that option a default?

We have only one customer with Geo systems, installed by their previous supplier. We're steadily replacing them with (more like, upgrading them to) Vigils... in part, because of silly things like this.

Hello,

Not sure if you have found a solution thus far but Telexper (www.telxper.com) has a few great solutions that will meet and exceed your needs/wants (I have 4-5 year old systems in a few subways in the bayarea). Aside from having lifetime phone/email support for their product they also offer a 2 year warranty on the DVR's and 5 years on a few hardware components. While it is a proprietary solution, all of their systems are PC-based with numerous applications; traditional analog DVR's, analog and digital DVR's, and full hybrid HVR (all digital).