Sign in to follow this  
russ

Need Help with a "way-back-machine" (DVMRE-16CT)

Name your favorite DVR/NVR/Hybrid unit  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Name your favorite DVR/NVR/Hybrid unit

• Gantz
    • Everfocus
    • Pelco 4500/4600/8100/DigitalSentry
    • Exacq
    • DM
    • PC Based
    • I build my own!
    • Discount Catalog...
    • None of the above

Anyone remember GE's DVMRE-16CT ? If so I am looking for some expertise.

I have a unit (S/N: D506T94460373, S/W: Ver.5.66, Boot Code: 1.03) with (4)-160Gig H/Ds. Two of the drives have failed over time so I now want to replace ALL (4) drives. I am trying to achieve the original 640Gig capacity using (2) 320Gig drives. When the DVR tries to format/configure the drives the unit only recognizes 458Gig???

Is there a system HD size limitation based on the age of the BIOS for that unit? Could there be a problem with the IDI cables or the input connections on the MB?

Of course GE no longer supports that model... are there any 3rd party repair centers that can get parts and are certified to work on these units?

Thanks in advance for your response...

Anyone remember GE's DVMRE-16CT ? If so I am looking for some expertise.

I have a unit (S/N: D506T94460373, S/W: Ver.5.66, Boot Code: 1.03) with (4)-160Gig H/Ds. Two of the drives have failed over time so I now want to replace ALL (4) drives. I am trying to achieve the original 640Gig capacity using (2) 320Gig drives. When the DVR tries to format/configure the drives the unit only recognizes 458Gig???

Is there a system HD size limitation based on the age of the BIOS for that unit? Could there be a problem with the IDI cables or the input connections on the MB?

Of course GE no longer supports that model... are there any 3rd party repair centers that can get parts and are certified to work on these units?

Thanks in advance for your response...

There was a new firmware that we used that overcame this hard drive recognition limitations... I know that we were able to take these systems over 1TB easily... Besides the firmware upgrade, we had to replace the power supply, which itself was a limitation... We have quite of few of these DVRs in use at the moment with many of our customers.

We fix GE DVRs no problems... as long as the motherboards are intact. The motherboard availability is a very major problem - GE does not have it nor available elsewhere... Sometimes we take motherboards from other systems that we have no uses, but availability is a serious concern.

If you want, get hold of us for this repair. 99% of the known problems were caused either by limitations on the power supply or firmware upgrades, which GE is no longer provides. If interested, please PM and I can help.