WendyT

Problems with connecting DVR to laptop (AVTECH KPD-672/674)

Hi, I am having problem when connecting my laptop (Toshiba Satellite M-30) to ACTEVH DVR KPD 672 and KPD - 674. When I logged in, it returns "login failed!". I have set all the IP stuff, which commonly works with other DVR, except AVTECH DVR. Please kindly help me through this. Thank you very much.

Regards,

WendyT

we need a whooooooooooole lot more info to be of any help. the biggest part is the communication between the DVR and laptop... Is it on the same network? Or Is it over the internet at 2 separate locations?

Sorry about that, I am connecting it through LAN not Internet. Laptop and the DVR are on the same network.

Regards,

WendyT

I am under the impression that the you are using another DVRs viewing software to view an AVTech DVR.

This would explain a possible unable to connect login error warning.

You will need to use Video Viewer.

http://scorpiontheater.com/videoviewer.aspx

Use 0.1.4.4 or 9.9

http://scorpiontheater.com/videonetworkingwithavtech.aspx

Question:

What is the port that your AVTech DVR is using? I assume you have done the port forward on the router?

The most problems that people face is having to go in to internet options, and change the security settings to prompt for unsigned active x. You may not be seeing the yellow bar requesting you to install an active x.

If the DVR is at factory default then the user / pass is

admin

admin

I am using both IE and VideoViewer. I have done all the port forwarding stuff. The weird thing is that I can connect to my DVR when using my home PC, but when I use my laptop, it returns login failed. Does that mean that this series of DVR is not compatible to some laptop?

I heard that KPD 67x series is having some problems with the internet connection. Is it true? What is the problem?

WendyT

Your post does not leave a lot of information.

I may be beating a dead horse, but lets try this...

Go to http://ipchicken.com/

Write the number down that you see on your screen.

This will be the number that you put in your address bar of your laptop when you are away from the DVR.

Did this work?

Something wrong with your installation!

Really?

It must be the flux capacitor not reaching one point twenty-one jiggawatts!!

Hi, I wonder if Scorpion is able to help me with a similar problem please?

I have an Avtech AVC796 DVR which works perfectly as a standalone unit. However, when I connect to it over my local network I am unable to login.

At the welcome screen I use username ADMIN (uppercase) plus my password that has been set on the box and which I successfully use locally. Then, having entered the verification code (again, using uppercase when displayed) the login fails with the message:

ERROR: Authentication error.

I hope it is a relatively easy fix - next up will be remote access over the internet followed by EagleEyes, but one step at a time!

I am using an iMac and Safari to connect to the AVC.

Kind regards,

Dave.

The password you use locally is 0000?

You can set username and password for internet access in the local menu of DVR. If you didn't yet, the default settings are:

Username: admin

Password: admin

all in small size character

Hope you can login, now