mikeloew1

Newby asks for help with Pelco camera and dvr

Hi all new here and hoping for some good advice, thanks in advance for any help. I have a vacation home in the Florida Keys that I would like to monitor my dock, I will have 1 outdoor camera that I would like to monitor from my home in Wisconsin. My DVR is a Pelco DX 4004 series, and I just bought a Pelco Spectra II PTZ Hi-Res Color Security Camera 128X Model: DD5BC on E-BAY, my question is I have to buy a back box and dome enclosure for the camera. Will any of the spectra enclosures work, say a spectra 3 or 4 or do I have to find 1 for a spectra ll. also is this camera a good choice? I wish i would have found this site before I bought the cam I know I will have to buy a 24v power supply but what else will I need. I have high speed internet at my vacation home and a router already. I assume I will need A video cable and an additional 4 wire cable 2 for power and 2 for TX+ and TX- for pan tilt and zoom. Does this sound correct? Thanks Mike

forgot to mention I will be using Pelco Remote Agent to view from home, I will probably use a VPN to connect to DVR.

AFAIK any dome enclosure designed for a Spectra should work.

The rest of it, you're right on the bean " title="Applause" />

You might want to check with Pelco on the Spectra compatibility, I think you can put a newer dome drive in an older backbox, but not the other way around, because the older backboxes have a cooling fan in them, newer ones the fan is in the dome drive....

I am reading that pelco2 cameras will fit in pelco 3 backboxs from some and others say no they will not because the pelco2 cameras have a built in fan and on the 3 backboxs the fan is built in to the back box???? Does anyone know for sure? Thanks Mike.

Spectra 2 has the cooling fan in the backbox, spectra 3 has the cooling fan in the dome, Specra 4 doesn't have a cooling fan. So spectra 4 dome can be place in a Spectra 2 back box with reduce capability. Spectra 3 dome can go into a Spectra 2 backbox. Spectra 2 dome can not be used in a Spectra 3 or 4 backbox because there is no cooling in those back boxes