diver165

Color Issue blue is black

I realize I don't have the highest quality CCTV cameras out there. But explain to me why a black shirt or bag (must me made of cloth material) looks blue. But black objects (non cloth items) look black as they should.

Its like the light bouncing back to the camera gets distorted or something when viewing cloth items.

maybe a more simpler explanation..... black dye for fabric is often a dark blue compared to paint which is typically full black. its just the pigments are made from different compounds.

So this is a common thing? Its only on items that are black and made of cloth or cloth like material. Its very wierd... The other colors show up perfectly

maybe a more simpler explanation..... black dye for fabric is often a dark blue compared to paint which is typically full black. its just the pigments are made from different compounds.

tweaks you are a bloody good sales man if that was the case it would show on any camera. its either a cheap camera or bad settings

tweaks you are a bloody good sales man ........

salesman.....shoot me please....quick ! ! !

serious side....is it the camera or the persons eyes ? you will be surprised how many people can't tell dark blue from black, or even green from blue.

of course UV factors in, especially as clothes often have UV brighteners in it.

I've seen this on the cheap... um, i mean inexpensive bullet IR cams! The ones i had were all defective! Should've known better... this is commonly referred to as the "cheap man always buys twice" phenomenon!