dnsource

From DVR out to 3 TV's.... HELP NEEDED!

I have a leviton Panel in my AV closet where I had hooked up a 1x4 passive video splitter which didnt work. I went over to radio shack and purchased an RF modulator which I got it to work putting my TV to channel 3 (only tried it on 1 TV because my other 2 TV's are crappy monitors and dont have coaxial inputs (only video and HDMI).

My question is...

Is there any Leviton product I can buy to make this happen?? I just wanted that clean look and to keep all the wires in the box.

I have a leviton Panel in my AV closet where I had hooked up a 1x4 passive video splitter which didnt work. I went over to radio shack and purchased an RF modulator which I got it to work putting my TV to channel 3 (only tried it on 1 TV because my other 2 TV's are crappy monitors and dont have coaxial inputs (only video and HDMI).

My question is...

Is there any Leviton product I can buy to make this happen?? I just wanted that clean look and to keep all the wires in the box.

you will need something like this on each of your monitors.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=76

I have a leviton Panel in my AV closet where I had hooked up a 1x4 passive video splitter which didnt work.

There's your problem: four-way split is too much for passive; the signal strength to each TV will be too low. You need an active video splitter. Not sure if Leviton makes one for your setup (they probably do - try model BC200-AVD), but there are plenty of others out there.

A trick I use at my house:

I went to wal-mart and bought one of those super-crappy (and cheap, like $20) VCRs. I opened it up and ripped out the modulator.

Now I just plug in one of the composite outputs (audio & video) from my DVR into the input on the VCR modulator. Then just split the output from modulator into TV cable. From their it's split into my whole house.

Now on any TV in my house I can look all around on CH 3 (w/sound)! On my modulator I could even adjust the frequency to about CH 2-10.

Of course you can just keep the VCR all intact, just a lot bigger box...

^That works... as long as you don't have any other content already on those channels. If you have cable, those channels are probably in use.