fdan4817

60 fps versus 120fps at single camera 4fps

We have a situation where we are going to connect 10-12 cameras to a single DVR. However, we only need 2-4 fps per camera. If I do the math right, that means a card running 60fps should be able to deliver.

If that is the case, what is the advantage of going to a 120fps card? We are specifically comparing the GV-650 and GV-800 cards.

Thanks.

The only advantage from a hardware standpoint in going with the GV-800 series board, is going to be (2) additional audio channels. The cost difference is only about 200 bucks between the boards, so you may wish to take into consideration of whether or not you will be adding more cameras at a later time, and whether or not you would like to have a little better frame rate at a later time.

It sounds as if all you are looking for is 2-4 FPS per channel, the GV-650 model will be your choice.

Scottj

It means the recording will be faster than what you need

see the video link on my home page, its 120fps 8 channel card, but only 2 cameras so its getting full real time on each one. Generally i dont go over 8fps anyway.

You raise an interesting question. If I have a 120fps card, I suppose it would give me the ability to view a higher fps even if I only wanted to record at 2-4 fps. Would this be correct?

This is correct. You will have the ability to have a much better display frame rate while still controlling the recorded frame rate at the 2-4 FPS specification that you are wanting.