dnsource

Beeping sound from AVC756...

I have had my dvr running perfect for a week. Yesterday all of a sudden I heard it beeping every other min. I thought the hardrive was full so I let it go. There were times it was a back to back beep. I went to my tv to see if the hardrive was full and it was def not. It was at 466.*** (500gb drive) I'm guessing it had recently reset.

I keep looking at the screen and the dvr just shut off. The beeping was the dvr reseting itself and beeping when it would turn back on. What could be causing this to happen?!?

Open your chassis, and remove your hard drive.

It is possible that you have a bad hard drive, and it is "killing" the power supply.

Turn off your DVR, and remove the power cable, and then turn the DVR back on. If everything appears to work normal then your hard drive needs to be replaced. During this test you will not be able to record, and some menu options will not work.

If you still have problems then it requires more troubleshooting. It is possible that the external power supply (looks like a black brick) is bad, and it is causing a shutdown situation.

It could be possible that the internal power supply is bad.

The external power supply can be tested with a laptop replacement power supply that comes with multitips.

http://www.manhattan-products.com/en-US/products/7585-power-adapter

What did you find after the above tests?

Open your chassis, and remove your hard drive.

It is possible that you have a bad hard drive, and it is "killing" the power supply.

Turn off your DVR, and remove the power cable, and then turn the DVR back on. If everything appears to work normal then your hard drive needs to be replaced. During this test you will not be able to record, and some menu options will not work.

If you still have problems then it requires more troubleshooting. It is possible that the external power supply (looks like a black brick) is bad, and it is causing a shutdown situation.

I opened the chassis and unpluged every cable going into the hardrive. Powered the system back on and BAM! Hasn't shut down since. I'm happy I found the problem but I just don't understand how a brand new hard drive can go bad so fast? Could it have messed up with the first and only overwrite?

What do I do now??!?!

It could be possible that the internal power supply is bad.

The external power supply can be tested with a laptop replacement power supply that comes with multitips.

http://www.manhattan-products.com/en-US/products/7585-power-adapter

What did you find after the above tests?

Your power company gave you a spike, or you had lighting near by, or you have improplery wired electrical system.

You just need to replace the hard drive, and contact the hard drive manufacture for warranty, or go back to the place where you bought the DVR if it is under warranty.

After you put the new hard drive in you should be good to go!

Your power company gave you a spike, or you had lighting near by, or you have improplery wired electrical system.

You just need to replace the hard drive, and contact the hard drive manufacture for warranty, or go back to the place where you bought the DVR if it is under warranty.

After you put the new hard drive in you should be good to go!

Will any hardrive fit right in the same slot or should I get the same brand (seagate)?

Also, is it just plug and play or will I have to mess with some settings once I plug in the new drive?

Any brand will do.

There are plain jane hard drives built for desktops, and then there are hard drives that are built better for the 24/7 use of DVRs.

You should not need to do anything. Tear open package, and bolt it in, and hook up the cables.