jxk716

Samsung SCC-B5396

Does anyone have any experience with the Samsung SCC-B5396? I will be upgrading a few cameras in a high crime area. This will be a wall mount application with strong morning sun (dome mounted and faces east; lens faces south). There is also afternoon shadows along the sidewalk where the camera's lens will be focused while the afternoon sun will shine on the street but not sidewalk. Basically this is a neighborhood with high foot traffic and drug activity where we need to capture subjects within 8 to 20 feet from the camera day and night. Do you think this camera would be a good decision?

Does anyone have any experience with the Samsung SCC-B5396? I will be upgrading a few cameras in a high crime area. This will be a wall mount application with strong morning sun (dome mounted and faces east; lens faces south). There is also afternoon shadows along the sidewalk where the camera's lens will be focused while the afternoon sun will shine on the street but not sidewalk. Basically this is a neighborhood with high foot traffic and drug activity where we need to capture subjects within 8 to 20 feet from the camera day and night. Do you think this camera would be a good decision?

i would use a ptz. nothing worse than drug activity happening in the camera blind spot. or just out of range.

http://www.cnbtec.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=989 this is just a little bigger than the samsung.

also take a look at the sanyo HD range ip. very good camera.

Among camera brands,the Nikon and Canon are the best brand, i think you can choose one of them, you will like it very much,Not only it has a high performance ,but also has a good imge quality.They use the top tech into these cameras,I like this models of Nikon,Nikon D5000,D3000, you can take it into your account,maybe you think the Nikon D5000 is a little expensive ,you can choose the Nikon d3000.It is more cheaper than the first one.Samsung SCC-B5396 's price is range from 275.00 to $326.25.The Nikon D3000 costs range from $320-$600.http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?q=Nikon+D3000&type=deal&ru=27700029 So if i were you i will choose the famous brand.

Hope my suugestion will help you!

Have a good day!