drizzt2109

Adpro fast tx and pelco dx8100 telemetry problems

I have a problem with the telemetry control when i try to connect the cameras to the adpro.The adpro has the DTC card fitted and the cameras are set up for coaxitron in the dx8100.I have looped through the dx8100 to the adpro.The cameras are terminated within the adpro settings and the dx8100 has been restarted to enable the automatic loopthrough.However the telemetry goes all to pot once i do this.I have proved each bit of kit independently and they each work fine.I know there is obviuosly a conflict but is there any way of getting both of these bits of kit to work together?

DX8100 systems that were made from March 2009 to September 2009 have a problem where the Video Capture cards are constantly sending out errant coaxitron control data, which negatively effects other control systems such as Coaxitron Matrix's. If you can verify the capture card date code (on a sticker on the back of the capture card inside the DX8100), you should be able to get some advanced replacement cards (you buy them, you get your money back when Pelco gets the old defective cards back).

Call Pelco Technical Support at 1-800-289-9100 and ask for DX8100 support, tell them it is in reference to Tech Alert TA090918DX.

Hi

Just picked up your reply.Thanks for that.Pelco have had us installing cxta telemetry unit and master distribution amplifier units and cost me over 60 hours labour.Wish i had logged on earlier

UPDATE

It was exactly as you said.As soon as the new capture cards where fitted then everything worked perfectly.Also noticed an improvement in picture quality and control of the PTZ was a lot quicker

Thanks