BostonNG05

Multiplexer MP41N

I have a 16 channel digital color multiplexer MP41N that when plugged in to a single channel dvr, I can view all the cameras on rotation but it rotates through them too quickly. I need to slow it down but don't know how. Any button I press will not stop it. Any suggestions?

Multiplexers usually have at least two outputs, one for 'recording' from, which does exactly what you are seeing now, all cameras switching in sequence very fast, and another that you can view the live image of any particular camera on a monitor.

To view recorded images, your DVR needs to play back the rapidly switching images back into the multiplexer, that then will allow the selection of one particular camera to view.

So your DVR monitor output needs to go into the input on the DVR, and your DVR should have a play mode, so you can play on the DVR and then select which camera to view on the multiplexer.

you will need to view the multiplexers output on a monitor, instead of the DVR's output.

Be aware, not all single channel DVR's are compatible with all multiplexors, some have a seperate input to 'sync' the rapidly changing images from the multiplexer to the DVR, some dont. Also, some DVR's do not record the 'hidden' frames that are used by some multiplexors to sync the playback.