Sign in to follow this  
Cougar281

NV5000 & Blackberry

I got a NV5000 yesterday and got it all set up using 7.7SP1. So far so good, no crashes (unlike the Conexant based card). I've been trying to get the Java/Blackberry feature working and can't get it to work. I got the plugin installed on my blackberry, which is activated with a BES server on the same network as the DVR, so I can get to the DVR on the blackberry from inside the firewall. The problem is, every time I try to connect, weather by IP or hostname, I just get "Connect Failed". If I go to the hostname in the web browser like I would on a PC, I get the grey background with red text indicating it could take a minute to download the client (same thing if I go to hostname:5550), so the communication is there. Any thoughts why the Java viewer won't tag up with the DVR?

I got a NV5000 yesterday and got it all set up using 7.7SP1. So far so good, no crashes (unlike the Conexant based card). I've been trying to get the Java/Blackberry feature working and can't get it to work. I got the plugin installed on my blackberry, which is activated with a BES server on the same network as the DVR, so I can get to the DVR on the blackberry from inside the firewall. The problem is, every time I try to connect, weather by IP or hostname, I just get "Connect Failed". If I go to the hostname in the web browser like I would on a PC, I get the grey background with red text indicating it could take a minute to download the client (same thing if I go to hostname:5550), so the communication is there. Any thoughts why the Java viewer won't tag up with the DVR?

how are you entering the url into your phone ??? and also go to system and then network and tick handyviewer.

It was the "handyviewer" box. Thanks!

thats what everone forgets to do.

From reading around, I gathered that people often forget to click the "network" button to enable network access and/or the "record" button to enable recording, but I missed the "handyviewer" box.